How long did it take to get to your current level?

pretty much exactly what @Leebo said. did all my lessons at once, and set alarms for my reviews.

after the first few levels, i dont really recommend doing all the lessons at once or else all the reviews come up at the same time, and it can become overwhelming. also, after i got into a rhythm, never needed to set alarms anymore

it took me i think 5 days to get to level 2 but maybe 6 idk

Oh boy. Now I feel like an idiot–it wakes me ~20 days to level up. Am I doing something wrong?

Only if you’re trying to go faster and failing. You didn’t give much for detail, but I’d say the most common cause of “I had no idea you could even go that fast” is when people do lessons slowly in the random order that WK used to have as the default, or the now non-random order that prioritizes prior levels’ vocab before the current levels’ radicals and kanji.

Does that sound familiar? Do you just kind of wade through the lessons in the order WK gives them? If you prioritize radicals and kanji, you’ll level up faster even if the total time to do all lessons is the same.

Ahh that makes sense! I definitely just do the lessons in the order that WK gives.Are you saying that as I get the lessons, I should be completing the kanji/radicals first and then working on vocab? To be honest I wouldn’t even know how to do that–I’m terrible with all things tech.

I live in the Japanese countryside so I get a lot of kanji exposure that way, but when it comes to sitting down in front of the computer and finishing 30 lessons in a row, they all start to jumble together after a while…

As I said, you should only do it if you want to be going faster. I’d say at 20 days per level, you could probably go faster without noticing an impact on your retention.

It’s not that hard to install a userscript. You can find out more here.

and then install this script

Thank you SO so much! I’ll install this as soon as I get home. I’ll see you on the level 60 side of things someday soon.

1 Like

Be careful with the reorder scripts though. Since vocab isn’t taken into account when it comes to leveling up, you might find yourself with more and more vocab lessons, so make sure you keep them under control.

Now who would so something so silly?

Most of them are in apprentice and guru since I recently finished their lessons

240 days so far, about to level up to 16 here.

567 Days. Just a few more weeks and I’m done. Hell yeah!

3 Likes

This graph depresses me as I forgot that I made an account back in 2015 and left it for two years.

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

On a serious note though, I plan to speed up my reviews this year!

3 Likes

^^^ Click on level 1 to remove it from the calculations.

3 Likes

Oh, that makes my average 17 days, 20 hours.

I’ll definitely be speeding up now that my money is on the line :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Way longer than I had hoped when I started! My initial progress was really motivating me, but recently I have been a lot less consistant and I have been stuck on level 17 for a good while now, catching up with everything…

I don’t care too much though since It’s not a race, and as long as I keep at it it will stick with time.

I do hate my brain though, and forget kanji that I definetely should know by now… I think my learning methods are pretty bad too though. My biggest nightmare is to give up on my Japanese and kanji study, so I have to get a lot more motivated again. I’m really my own worst enemy.

1 Like

104 days to get to level 15. :sweat_smile:
13 PM

3 Likes

quick question @Docchan, what script is that?

It’s not a script, it’s a third party statistics site made by the wonderful @rfindley You can find it here https://www.idigtech.com/wanikani/

1 Like

Beat me to it. :joy:

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue: