How do you guys learn vocab not on WaniKani?

You can use scripts to extract that, but it’s not so easy and also in a grey area, you definitely shouldn’t share a deck with WK vocab or something, that’s basically (part of) WK’s lifeline.

But personally I would just forget about that and add any WK vocab that you found somewhere and forgot to Anki, because on WK at some point you will burn an item and never get reviews for it again, which doesn’t happen with Anki (unless you suspend the card).
I already have 113 Anki cards from WK items I burned but forgot :smiley:

1 Like

Didn’t it just come out of beta this year?

1 Like

If I recall, it was set for release in around late 2020 I believe when it got store approval. There have been a number of upgrade release and some ongoing.

Honestly, I put it through it’s paces daily and there really isn’t anything I feel that is lacking at all and by far a more complete app than almost anything else I use, so I wouldn’t let the ‘beta’ discourage use of it. In fact, I have several decks that revolve the utility of using the app exclusively (either kanji drawing or speech to text) that would not be possible otherwise.

For anyone interested, there is a WK filter to extract known items already studied here, or any other outside lists plus whatever built up from studying. It’s been pretty invaluable for deck jumping to extract known studied items…or know what I should know but still miss, so sometimes repeat or add variation from the vocab mining so not an exact repeat (or use common expression from the dictionary entry). I use the known feature quite a bit.

2 Likes

Sounds great. I guess the problem is me since I have a bunch of TestFlight stuff apps that I already wrangle for work and didn’t want to add to that. I might check it out again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.