How Do I Practice Listening To Japanese?

That sounds interesting :smile:
I might sound like an idiot but… Is this site legal? I just signed up and clicked a random video, and it didn’t make me pay or anything. Isn’t it illegal to steam shows without paying? This is just the kind of thing I was looking for but I can’t find anything on their site about it
Edit: Nevermind, I don’t think it is. I can’t find a way to deactivate my account though :neutral_face: I just figured out how to get Japanese subtitles on Netflix though so that will wor

1 Like

I’ve been using delvin language website for some listening practice. Has them separated by JLPT level. Most of the clips are fairly understandable, though there have been a couple, even listening to it on slow I had to ask how is that even close :wink:

1 Like

Sharing links to sources which pirate other people’s copyrighted work is against the terms of using this forum. Since this part of the forum is directly searchable from Google, you directly implicate WK in someone else wrong doings. Please remove the youtube link you’ve provided.

1 Like

Did you quote the wrong guy or am I missing something?

I didn’t quote anybody in my post. I just responded to a user who posted a youtube link that has copied the pages and audio of a published Japanese shadowing book. @Ncastaneda points this out in the following post. Since I own a copy of the book, I checked to see if that was the case; it is a free knock-off of copyrighted property. This is entirely separate from the conversation made a little bit before my posting. Hopefully that clarifies the confusion.

Ok thanks, that did clear it up. I looked at the video and didn’t realize it was plagiarized from a book (I didn’t see Ncastaneda’s post). You can try reporting the channel.

1 Like

To be honest I do not know.
I think because of this statement it is okay?

Animelon is a non-profit entity and this website is used entirely for proof of concept and educational purposes only.
All content on this website belongs to the studios who created it.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned SUNTORY SATURDAY WAITING BAR AVANTI… long title but amazing podcast if you REALLY want to get used to hearing how real people talk in conversation.

Each episode is around 10 mins - the content of each episode is set in a “bar” where two people are talking. It’s basically a short interview with someone on a subject that either they’re an expert in or an experience they’ve had based on their profession.

A little background on myself: I’ve been “learning” japanese since I was born, though I would not even say I am close to being anywhere near fluent as my mom never put me through Japanese school. I only really started learning just a few years ago and JUST started wanikani at the beginning of this year. I started listening to this podcast just about a couple of months ago. The first few episodes I literally had no idea what was going on but it’s crazy because already in the last few weeks, I’ve noticed that my listening comprehension is basically growing exponentially (probably actually not but it sure seems like it)

I prefer this to the “learning podcasts” (NHK, japanesePod101, etc), because it’s like listening in to real life conversations as opposed to pre-written stuff. You can really get a feel for how vocabulary and grammar is actually used in daily life / conversation.

• Would not recommend this if you were studying to be a literary professor or something haha
4 Likes

I personally love the JP101 channel, but I haven’t tried the website. I find Risa to be a super energetic and fun host and she makes learning fun. (Random sidenote, as a Korean learner, Jaehwi from KoreanClass101 has a super calming energy. I honestly am so relaxed whenever I watch the KC101 channel lolll)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.