How accurate is wkstats for predictability?

Hi there, 1-month old new crab here. I’m interested in how long it took people that are level 60 to reach that point, and if wkstats is accurate in predicting that. For example: You were level 5 and wkstats predicted it would take two years from that date, so you put that to the test… how far were you from that date?

1 Like

Welcome to the site.

It basically just assumes you will continue to complete things at the same average pace you were on. So, it’s entirely up to you whether you maintain that pace or not. You can tweak if by clicking on and ignoring certain levels that took you a long time or short time, or whatever, as well.

7 Likes

Ignoring level 1 and 2 (which were very different from my usual speed) WKstats was a bit pessimistic but accurate enough. I finished about 2 or 3 weeks earlier than the predicted date, which is close enough.

5 Likes

Prediction is difficult, especially about the future.

11 Likes

Totally depends on the user, since it’s just using averages, as far as I know.

So an inordinately slow level or two early on could dog your unfiltered predictions for a long time, even if you pick up the pace afterward. If you generally maintain a steady pace or can get it to look at one by removing a handful of levels, though, then sure, it’s probably accurate enough.

3 Likes

It’s just a statistical analysis tool, using past data to predict future progress. As long as you don’t change your method of doing WaniKani, it should be fairly accurate.

2 Likes

The new version wkstats.com:10000 is better

3 Likes

@rfindley Just curious: Why the new version of wkstats does not have the “level up - projection - fastest” stat?

1 Like

Work in progress.

2 Likes

This site is down for me. Is it working for anyone else? WKstats.com:10000

That link you posted didn’t work for me, but it also seems different from what is in my browser history.

https://www.wkstats.com:10001/progress/dashboard

That works fine for me.

3 Likes

Yep, that worked thank you.

From initial impressions, I prefer the old site.

2 Likes

Sorry I forgot the www.

I also think the old site is better because you see everything on one page (dashboard, level-up, projections) and don’t have to click on the menu to change views.

But the new site is not finished. I imagine those three parts will become one page when everything’s ready.

3 Likes

Yep, that’s the plan. For now, it’s easier to develop them on separate pages.

5 Likes