Help with the word パツキン

Hi everyone !

I was just wondering if パツキン / 金パ have a bad connotation in general ? Does it feel like “the blond dumb and vulgar bimbo girl”? Or is it just slang ?

Thanks for reading and even more for answering if you know anything ! (°3°) ~ <3

I just did a search on the term and found this in the Japanese Colloquial dictionary:

パツキン
Patsukin
パツキンとは、金髪及び、金髪の人のこと。
【年代】 - 【種類】 -

『パツキン』の解説
パツキンとは金髪(きんぱつ)の倒語(註参照)で、金髪及び金色や明るい茶色の髪の人をさす。髪をこうした色に染めた日本人をパツキンと言うこともあるが、多くはブロンドヘアをした白人の代名詞として使われる。また、金髪女性の場合はパツキン美女、金髪男性の場合はパツキン野郎など、後ろに性別を表す代名詞を付けるが、パツキンだけの場合、女性をさすことが多い。
註)倒語とは前後をひっくり返した言葉で、現代では業界用語としてよく聞かれる。主な倒語にワイハー(ハワイの意)、まいうー(美味いの意)がある。

According to this dictionary, the term refers to anyone with blonde hair, be it naturally blonde or dyed. But also in regard to the gender of the recipient, there’s a different connotation for men and women as well. For women it’s “beauty”, and for men it’s…not so good (野郎). However this term is most often used on women.

I searched other sites for any additional meanings, but ultimately got a similar answer. But I wouldn’t be surprised if there were uses with negative connotations when used toward women.

へえ〜 倒語の事知らなかったわ。見つけてくれてありがとう。

ウチわ日本で金髪としか聞いてません。何年も前の話ですが。

Thank you very much !! This will definitely help me. I didn’t know about that dictionary, it might be useful in the future !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.