Help me solve a lyrics mystery?

So he is referring to the tube or something I guess, and so I imagined that he might see stuff there that people carry around or put somewhere? But yeah, other than that I have no explanation…

That’s true, that made me doubt my hearing as well, but maybe he knows English very well and moves the pronunciation a bit more into the direction of the real English word? :woman_shrugging:

But what would “fake-seeming alcohol” be otoh? … :thinking:

I hear a の after は there. I don’t think this is はな. Could be something like ()(うら), but the うられっとけった (give or take one or both small tsu’s) part doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

Transcribed the rest of the song, but a few parts are still a bit unclear.

EDIT: That イヤホンで削げない fits but I’m like only 80% sure of it.

Speaking of which, do you guys want me to remove the furigana? I’m using the IME2Furigana userscript which adds it automagically, but I realize it’s not easy to edit the file if you don’t have the same userscript.

Edit: I removed it just in case.

I corrected some of the parts, but it was 95% right.

I’m still not sure what we should do about the 花売られ part, because I’m pretty sure I can hear はのうられっとけった(the small tsu’s could just be the singer pronouncing things emphatically and not there in the lyrics). But there is definitely a の after は, it’s not 花.

I’m thinking something like 歯の裏で溶けた, but after うら I’m definitely hearing a れ, not a で, so I can’t make it out.

1 Like

Thanks! That 塞げる makes more sense.

Yeah, I’m hearing something like はのうられとけった, too. So I agree it’s not a 花.

Shall we put my 歯の裏 version? :thinking:

1 Like

歯の裏で溶けた is also my best guess, given it could be talking about the alcohol that “melts” in their mouth. I guess that で and れ can get pretty messy in songs.

edit: NVM it’ a different part but maybe there’s a connection :sweat_smile:

I was thinking that the truth 本当のこと melts 溶けた behind my teeth 歯の裏で, as in I don’t say the truth.

1 Like

Yeah now that I actually look at the whole sentence, that makes more sense :rofl:.

Alright, I’ve put that in. There’s definitely some misheard stuff in there, but it’s mostly done. Maybe other senpais with better listening skills than me can take a look over the lyrics and correct what’s needed.

Great. Yeah I put some stuff there just as placeholders with question marks since I couldn’t make it out.

2 Likes

Googling this part, at least, was easy: these are the lyrics to かくれんぼ by 石川さゆり

RADWIMPS (who performed a bunch of songs in Kimi no Na wa) also wrote a song called かくれんぼ just this year, to comemmorate the tenth anniversary of the Tohoku earthquake.

3 Likes

Also by Yuuri; I’ve actually heard this before.

1 Like

Is there a chance (で)おんだ is slang for something? 追ん出す? That’s what it sounded like to me, but after searching around I’m even more lost/confused than when I started (are these just typos?)

Well, the おんだ祭 one is easy enough to explain - it seems to be the name of a festival in Nara which makes sense based on the given example because the 奈良 area would have been where the capital was in the 飛鳥時代, so it makes sense that the 飛鳥座神社 mentioned might be in that region (and indeed it is).

でおんだされる seems like 追ん出される.

おんだなみ seems like a person, since it’s either always preceded with a space or followed by a さん from what I can tell…

I’m not sure about でおんだぁこけた or 程度でおんだ though, but I’m not sure it’s enough to really go on.

2 Likes

Dang, y’all are amazing. I’m very tired at the moment and need to go to bed, but I did notice one part where I’m hearing something different.

In the last line of the bridge, is it possible that it’s “もう足は 一歩になって” rather than “もう足は棒になって” ? It makes more sense to me, but I also don’t know the word “棒” so I’m going off what I could find on jisho.

Edit: Put it in, but in parenthesis just in case.

In this line: 何を感じたか知らない I hear a は in there, so I added it.

I think 星空見たいな 夜景だ should be 星空みたいな夜景だ

And for this part: ほしきすにならって???? 消えたかった

I think it is 星屑になって消えたかった.

I have to say I’m not convinced that it’s 見世物. It sounds like 偽物 to me. And I’m not sure what 見世物みたいな~ is supposed to mean. But I left it in for now.

I do think it makes perfect sense. I interpreted it as „to chase down with alcohol“, basically to follow-up, like a chaser (drink)? (It’s also チェイサー in Japanese).

足が棒になる is a rather common idiom, so I think it’s alright to leave it like that. See: 【足が棒になる】の意味と使い方や例文(語源由来・類義語) – ことわざ・慣用句の百科事典

3 Likes

I agree that whole line doesn’t make sense. But I’ve listened and relistened to it dozens of times, with slowed down playback speed even, and the み there is pretty clear to me, I don’t hear a に at all :thinking: . I’m not saying I can’t be wrong, I just can’t hear it.

You seem to be right about the other changes, so I’m willing to accept this one too. I feel like I’m going crazy with this song :joy:

5 Likes

Well that’s a word :sweat_smile: Good catch.

I am also convinced it’s 見世物. It also kinda makes sense to me; 見世物みたいなアルコール is like a beautiful bottle you could keep just for decoration etc.

3 Likes