Help me remember a site (for estimating your kanji knowledge)

At some point someone posted a link to a site that had a bunch of vocab words, and you’d check the boxes if you could read them, then when you submitted at the end it would give you an estimate of how many kanji you probably know. It was a very plain gray website.

Anyone remember it? I don’t really have any clue what I could search for here in the archive.

Must be this one Online Self Level Check | MLC Japanese Language School in Tokyo

It’s in a question I asked.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty much what I was looking for. I still remember the site differently, but maybe they changed the look of it or I just don’t remember it well, but thanks.

Interesting site. It says I know 1,400 to 1,500 hundred kanji. If I get time I must look at the other parts.

My current count is at 1800-1900, though I was pretty strict with myself, I think. If I didn’t give the correct reading and meaning before checking, I didn’t check the item. If I checked off ones where I got one of those right, but not the other, it goes to 1900-2000.

1 Like

Its not what you’re asking for, but readthekanji . com is also pretty nice for practicing reading kanji. :wink:

Okay… :slight_smile:

I tried it once, and I remember it giving me 眼鏡 in the N5 list, so I’m not sure how much I trust it. But maybe someone will find it useful.