Help I don't know what to do

I finished all the radical lessons but I can’t start any other lessons. Do I need to pay?

1 Like

Are you still level 1 like your avatar shows, or have you hit level 3 and done all the kanji for that level? If so, then yes you need to pay. If you’re not on level three, then you need to completely guru your radicals before more Kanji are available.

1 Like

Also, if you haven’t yet, I highly recommend you read Wanikani’s Getting Started page: getting-started | WaniKani Knowledge

It’ll explain in detail how everything works. All lessons aren’t automatically available, even if you are paying for the subscription. You have to “level up.”

5 Likes

I believe I’m on level one. I started very recently. I just finished all the radical lessons. I read some other topics that I need to wait. I’ll read the starting page. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

The reason you have to wait is because it’s an SRS system. It does it after certain amounts of time so that you’re better able to remember. The getting started page will explain. Welcome to Wanikani!

2 Likes

Also don’t worry. It will not stay that slow for long. Eventually you’ll get to the point where you wake up and have almost 200 reviews in your queue for you to do. Enjoy this slow time while you can.

5 Likes

Thanks for being so helpful!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.