Hello! Advice very much appreciated

Hi All

Ive been trying to learn nihon go for a while but i always have the same issue - i dont know how to go about learning it - i pretty much always refresh my knolege of hiragana and katakanna, then end up lost & confused and end up giving up

Does anyone have any recoomendation of a structured system that i can use to learn?

Never used wanikani before but can see how it will be helpful to learn Kanji and Vocab

Thanks in Advance

Aaron

Get a textbook. Genki is one of the most popular ones.

1 Like

Wanikani actually helped me quite a bit to stay structured and keep at it. Once I knew a few kanji, the textbook got easier too. My advice would be to try out a lot of different resources, there are lists on the forum here that you can go to for recommendations.

Not sure about a structured system, but wani kani is great for vocab because it only gets as intense as you want it to, you can go at your own pace.

As for grammar and everything else I’m in the same boat, I don’t follow any real structure other than doing what I want, when I want in regards to study.

I’d say textbooks are a good idea, but if you’re like me that will be hard as they are quite dry and boring in my opinion.

Have a look at the resource threads on here, there’s some cool stuff there.

Community center is full of recommendation and materials. See you around.

If you’re confused early on like this, I’d recommend getting a textbook that will guide you through the beginning steps of learning the language. Genki is a good book for this. Or if you prefer something online, Tae Kim’s guide is another popular choice. He has lessons from the very beginning, starting with hiragana, katakana, and very basic grammar.

Unfortunately there is no all-in-one tool for learning the language, but getting started with one of the above will help you understand the very basics so you can build a proper foundation for your learning.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.