Reading Murakami Haruki's 1Q84 (Intermediate/Advanced Book)

Here’s the Book 2 Chapter 1 discussion thread! I somehow expected the numbering to go on, but they reset for Book 2. :face_with_monocle:

Sorry for the delay. I’ll try to post the threads before the actual start date in the future so they’ll be up on time!
I deleted my previous reply so I could post this since I’m not the OP. Could someone do me a favor and reply with anything before the next week so I can post again? :laughing:

1 Like

Pleasure :joy_cat:

Thanks for keeping this alive! I will slowly follow you from a safe distance :wink:

1 Like

Thanks @NicoleIsEnough ! :joy: I’m enjoying your posts, so please do~

On to chapter 2!

2 Likes

It’s time for chapter 3! The weeks really seem to fly by when you have a deadline. :crazy_face:

And we’re on to chapter 4!

One advantage to making the threads myself is that it gives me some additional motivation to finish the previous chapter in time. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Oh, also this is post number 3 by me, so if someone would be so kind as to comment… :crazy_face:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, is this book 2 out of 3 or 6? I remember seeing a few different versions of the series.

1 Like

This is Book Two 前編, so yes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

On a more serious note: There are three books, each of which is split up into two parts in the Japanese edition. So it is book 2 out of 3, or fragment 3 out of 6. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Chapter 5! More 青豆~

On to chapter 6. :slight_smile: This one’s actually a pretty long one.

Chapter 7! A day late, sorry! :pray:

Also, お願いします~

1 Like

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Time for chapter 8~ I remember being pretty excited about this chapter when I read through the chapter titles 2 months ago. :slight_smile:
Somehow I’ve gotten pretty behind though.

Chapter 9!

1 Like

Very timely new thread this week. :partying_face:

No I only need to catch up within the 2 weeks we have left of this book.

Feels like it was no time at all since the last time, but once again, お願いします~

2 Likes

1 Like

Here’s the penultimate week! I’ll update the OP later! :slight_smile:

Oops - I just realised I missed a week between chapter 8 and 9. :see_no_evil:

Should I put up the last chapter thread as well?
@Hijiki, I think you’re actually caught up, right?

Yes, I’ve read a couple of pages from chapter 11 yesterday, so I guess I’m on schedule.

Book 2 progress with spoilers about a character appearing from chapter 2

I intended to write something about that detestable, yet somewhat scary guy that keeps popping up in 天吾’s chapters, but I always ended up moving on to the other half of the story to get rid of the bad aftertaste. Well, not that the other protagonist isn’t dealing with suspicious people herself, but at least those make me want to know more about them instead of praying for them to go away before they add any more complications to the plot. I keep switching between ‘I have to counterattack with some sort of characterization before this creature ruins the plot entirely (as if that could change anything…)’ and ‘ugh, he’s so despicable, now he’s not only wasting 天吾’s time, but also mine, he’s not worth the effort😫’.

That being said, I don’t have many expectations regarding the next chapter, but feel free to post the thread whenever you like.

2 Likes

Sounds like you’re on my schedule, instead of the originally intended one, haha. Unless you mean you read some of chapter 12.

If that’s the case I’d take the liberty to stay on that schedule and just post the chapter 12 thread on the weekend. That’d give me a bit more time to catch up as well. :sweat_smile:

drop-down reply

That guy really is creepy! I totally get that feeling, even if I’m not feeling it as strongly. Even his absence is creepy, because it totally feels like he’s moving in the background, doing something.