Reading Murakami Haruki's 1Q84 (Intermediate/Advanced Book)

If it runs android apps you probably can?

1 Like

To make absolutely sure you can buy a free book beforehand (there’s always tons of free manga and book previews and stuff, just search for it on the home page) and then you can try it out without any cost.
(And see if you like it at all, and then decide.)

1 Like

I’ll probalby end up using it on my phone, if I end up using it. Seems like it won’t work on my Kobo, probably. Thanks!

Yeah, so, a brief inspection of The Internet™ seems to suggest that it’s at least non-trivial (or maybe not even feasible) to install Android on a Kobo, which probably means no Bookwalker app :sob:
The only hope would be that the Rakuten (is it?) store also gets the 1Q84 ebooks once they are released…
Should be fine on your phone, though (if it is an Apple or Android device). I also sometimes read books on my phone (not manga, though ^^) and I quite like it. But the best would probably be to try it out and judge for yourself, if you’re interested!

1 Like

What a nice Christmas present!

2 Likes

Hey everyone, I added the final two chapters of this first part of book one (and doesn’t that make it sound like a daunting task still ahead of us? My end of year resolution: finish reading the book before midnight December 31st. That’s only 135 pages left to go!

I’ve been a terrible book club host, never getting the threads up on schedule. As such, one of my New Year’s resolutions is to be on time for the threads. As previously discussed, the new schedule will be once a week. I’m changing the upload day to Sunday, because Saturdays are pretty much activity filled. I’ll be moving back to my flat on the weekend of the 24th, so let’s start again end of January: January 31st!

Book One Chapter 11: 青豆:肉体こそが人間にとっての神殿である Haruki Murakami’s 1Q84
Book One Chapter 12: 天吾:あなたの王国が私たちにもたらされますように Haruki Murakami’s 1Q84

2 Likes

That’s perfect, gives us some time to procrastinate as well! :joy: I’ve only 2 chapters left to read, so I’m pretty optimistic I’ll make it.

サイダさんも頑張って!

1 Like

Uploaded the new thread just now! Book One Chapter 13: 青豆:生まれながらの被害者 Haruki Murakami’s 1Q84

2 Likes

New thread is up! Book One Chapter 14: 天吾:ほとんどの読者がこれまで目にしたことのないものごと Haruki Murakami’s 1Q84

Valentine’s gift for all of you reading along!

Book One Chapter 15: 青豆:気球に碇をつけるみたいにしっかりと Haruki Murakami’s 1Q84

1 Like

Hey people, I haven’t forgotten the new thread, just decided to skip a week, since I was sick last week, and haven’t caught up yet, and I think @Belerith might not be caught up yet either. I’ll adjust the dates in the list sometime this coming week, as well.

1 Like

Hope you feel better!

I was planning to start but in fact haven’t even done so yet. I played a lot of games instead. :see_no_evil: I’ll try and get caught up this week!

1 Like

@Saida, do we have a thread for chapter 17 yet?

(No need to stress about it or anything, just wondering~)

In the meantime, chapter 17 left me like this: o.o (it’s not really a spoiler, I think :smiley: )

Sorry, Iwas really busy yesterday with work (outs), got real tired, so I went to sleep early. I’ll get it up tonight!

Man, you finished chapter 17 already? As usual I’m lagging behind. :grin:

1 Like

turns out I had time to put it up now.

I really want to continue reading too. I feel like this volume there’s so much happening and the story is really moving along, we get to see so many strings unfold…

It’s going to be hard waiting for the weekend, not going to lie.

Good thing I decided to start 容疑者Xの献身 too. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

New thread is up!

Book One Chapter 18: 天吾:もうビッグ・ブラザーの出てくる幕はない Haruki Murakami’s 1Q84

Sorry for the delay, new thread will be up later today. For whoever is interested, I am now about 100 pages behind, but I’ve got a two week vacation starting Monday. Planning to read a lot!

2 Likes

I know I promised, but work ran late, and I had Japanese class and I’m tired, so tomorrow for sure! Got the whole day off :blush:

2 Likes

I finally uploaded the threads. I went through Word this time, and it inserted unnecessary white spaces.

Book One Chapter 19: 青豆:秘密を分かち合う女たち Haruki Murakami’s 1Q84
Book One Chapter 20: 天吾:気の毒なギリアーク人Haruki Murakami’s 1Q84

1 Like