Thought I’d bite the bullet and just get a thread going. I’ve had the book for two years, now, and read a couple chapters. But I never managed to get very far, and my Japanese teacher keeps mentioning to other students that “Saida is reading Murakami”. And I always have to respond I’m really not. So let’s read together, and hopefully we can help each other get through this! I’m a book club virgin, so to speak, and very open to suggestions and improvements!
Other people, free to join! I think one issue with this book is availability? It’s not on any ebook platforms asfar as I know, so might be hard to come by in time, if you don’t happen to have it already. Thanks to @rwesterhof for providing the ISBN numbers!
|1||978-4103534228||part 1: 978-4101001593, part 2: 978-4101001609|
|2||978-4103534235||part 3: 978-4101001616, part 4: 978-4101001623|
|3||978-4103534259||part 5: 978-4101001630, part 6: 978-4101001647|
Things to figure out before starting:
- Timing. When do we start?
I’ll start a reading thread in the last weekend of July
- Pace. How do we break up the book, and how much time do we get to finish each section?
Two weeks per chapter
- Resources. Will we start a wordlist? In Excel? Google sheets?
Probably not necessary/feasible
- Do we want to do live readings on Discord?
Not decided yet
- Probably some more important stuff I can’t think of.
- Will try my best to read along every step of the way
- Will read at my own pace
- Have already read the book, will try my best not to spoil anything
- Want to read along, but how long does it take to get the book shipped to my front door?
- Just here for the discussion, not the reading