Halfway of no way?

So this is was what kept me up all weekend… I got to level 30 and received the email congratulating me saying ‘you’re halfway through’

But am I, though? Because Wanikani has 60 levels, you start as level 1. I completed 29 levels now that I’m at 30. I still got 31 to go. So I should have my halfway there-party when I’m at 31, right?

Right?

27 Likes

Well, you unlocked half the levels, so you’re halfway along from that point of view.

But if you’re deciding whether to celebrate now or later:

25 Likes

Halfway through Wanikani for me is when you finish all of the content of the first 30 levels. So basically, when you reach level 31, you’re still not halfway there unless you did all your vocab lessons for level 30.

3 Likes

I believe you learn more items in the first 30 levels of WaniKani than the last 30 levels because of all the radicals, so by that count you’re already past halfway!

14 Likes

Interesting, we should count all the items for each level and find the exact middle. But then, radicals are more like half items as they don’t have a reading :thinking:

1 Like

Halfway is when you’ve learned all the meanings but none of the readings.

In another word: Heisig

30 Likes

7 Likes

If I get to level 30 quickly, will I be considered half-fast?

4 Likes

I am wondering did you stop doing reviews because i always see you at level 40

2 Likes

Oh boy, you don’t want to know how big my review pile is :scream:

Thanks for the kick in the butt, I’ll get to reviewing immediately :sweat_smile:

17 Likes

But have you done half, or do you still have half left?

1 Like

I actually do want to know. You made me curious

3 Likes

608 reviews and 33 lessons :sob:

8 Likes

Oh boy, that must hurt. At least you can be pleased with your lesson number. Just try to ignore the other half of the screen.

4 Likes

Just got an email saying they added new content in the 30s and 40s. We stray further and further from half :confused:

2 Likes

Currently at 498 reviews and 33 lessons

8 Likes

Considering my daily review average is 92 - you’ve at least done more than me! Although that’s purely statistically speaking, sadly
But @plantron I know what is tormenting you poor soul in this instance and let me reassure you: No, I, zEUs_japanese, have not given up faith in you just yet! I can still see the dim light of hope lurking inside you, waiting for the crabigator to bring it forth once again! @plantron, sub 400 is doable for the both of us today, I am sure of it.
But rest at ease, I will you write soon, once I have given up, in order to get my end of the preach. Also, I don’t know if that sentence just now is syntactically correct.

2 Likes

This just gave me hope I just might be able to catch up to you, even as you’re in the previous generation of forumers, a giant of our time! :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, you might catch up to me. I’m planning to do a reset from 51 to 41, so see you there! :grinning:

1 Like

6 Likes