Gratitude for New Vocab!

Hey! I don’t really make any community posts, but I just want to express some gratitude for the new hiragana & onomatopoeia vocab! I was thinking that it’d probably take me a while to get used some of these words (especially thinking about how often onomatopoeias are used in Japanese); and so I’m thankful that they’re being added to the levels!

24 Likes

Finally some positivity after so much toxic comments. Thanks for sharing your positive experience :heart:

2 Likes

You’re not making the atmosphere less toxic by posting this.

If you want to be appreciative without being toxic, do it like OP did.

23 Likes

I’m enjoying the new vocab additions as well. Some of those onomatopoeia words are common but not always easy to get used to for non-native speakers, so having them in an SRS that I already use on a daily basis is really helpful. Same with some of the loanwords that are less intuitive - if I saw ホッチキス in the wild I’d have no clue that it meant stapler.

2 Likes

The new additions are much better than the first batch. Especially the onomatopeia words and the misappropriated English words such as viking or mansion.

13 Likes

Yeah… Finally

2 Likes

You can’t have it in the SRS until Level 48, though.

I do think that onomatopoeia and less-intuitive katakana vocab (バックミラー、レントゲン、バイキング、スキンシップ…) are great use cases for the kana vocab!

7 Likes