Gratitude - An Ode to the Wonderful Durtles

All Pokemon fans know how Mr.Mime helps and supports Delia (Ash’s mom). One fine day in May, 2020 I stumbled across a thread called “Level 21 before 2021” with the creator of thread featuring a Mr.Mime image. The mere presence of Mr.Mime gave me a positive impression. And what I didn’t know at that moment was this would turn out to be the most important thing I did after signing up for Wanikani.

I joined the thread and relished the part of being a community. This is the first thread in the community that made me feel at home. The credit goes to @Marifly :slight_smile: for creating and fostering a nurturing environment. Marifly took time out of their schedule to encourage and cheer every single person in the thread. It is a textbook definition of “Gentle Strength” that supports you from behind and pushes you forward.

Despite being a part of multiple clubs, maintaining multiple threads (Marifly is also the creator of “Let’s climb Skytree” thread), doing Wanikani reviews/reviews, handling their personal life, I am still surprised Marifly devoted such a large chunk of their time to cheer all of us up. When things get difficult and self-doubt occupies your mind, all you need is one person to believe in you. For a lot of the folks from the “Level 21 before 2021 thread” that was Marifly.

Thank you for believing in us Marifly. Thanks for all your support and love :slight_smile: We appreciate it. For the kindness you have given to all of us, I bestow upon you the title of Yasashi Durtle

16 Likes