Gratitude - An Ode to the Wonderful Durtles

Where Durtles and Dreams Begin

Vivillon is a pokemon with many different patterns and are found all over the world. These patterns are affected by the climate of their habitat. Vivillon has a wonderful ability called “Friend Guard” which reduces the damage received by allies. Vivillon may be a combination of vivid and papillon (French for butterfly). At this point of time you may be wondering “Thank you for the Pokemon X and Y lesson. What does this have to do with the post?” Psssssst, I will let you in on a secret. This year one of the Spewpa durtles has bloomed into a Vivillon :grin: and the name of that beautiful durtle is @Jamuko san.

I met Jamuko san on “Level 21 before 2021” thread. Jamuko san is like a butterfly. Despite the incredible strength of the kanji cocoon, they broke out it with all their strength and blossomed into a wonderful butterfly. Jamuko san paused their WK journey at Level 11 and after a break they have reset and persevered to break through the previous barrier and reach new heights :clap: Similar to a Vivillon they support their friends through thick and thin of the WK journey and reduce the stress on their friends with their kind words. It is truly worthy of the name “Friend Guard”.

Thank you for showering us your kindness and thank you for showing us the strength of breaking through the barriers. We believe in you and your strength :slight_smile: I bestow upon you the title of Vivillon Durtle

8 Likes