Gratitude - An Ode to the Wonderful Durtles

Everyone who watched “Ansatsu kyoushitsu”/“Assasination Classroom” knows that Koro Sensei is a great teacher :slight_smile: What most people may not know is we have a Koro durtle among us :grin:

I met @koro-san san on “Level 21 before 2021” thread. Their interactions reminded me of Koro sensei and I promptly started calling them Koro :slight_smile: Koro san is passionate about Wanikani. Regardless of the grueling nature of learning Kanji and facing real life circumstances, they try to be upbeat and persistent in sticking to their goals. They have a wonderful sense of humor and can cheer people with ease. I still smile remembering all those wonderful memes. They don’t try to act perfect and are open to sharing their struggles with learning Kanji.

If they ever decide to become a teacher, they would be a natural fit for the role :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing your journey with us Koro san :slight_smile: For all the wonderful qualities you have displayed and for all the accolades you deserve, I bestow upon you the title of Koro Durtle

8 Likes

Oh nooo, don’t make me cry :sob: :sob: :sob:

Thanks for 1000% supporting me and others every time & any conditions, can’t thank enough :sob:

5 Likes

Enticing Click Bait Durtle Title :stuck_out_tongue:

Top Reviews

It’s a manifestation of pure catness! :cat2: - trunklayer
Y-you’re my dad! - plantron
How do we know whether people like Glias’ posts or just Glias? -kumirei
Y-you’re a cat! - KyokaJiro (a post from the future :stuck_out_tongue: )

Now that I have Gliased for the first time, let me introduce you to today’s durtle :slight_smile: The music world has Queen Bey and the Wanikani world has Queen Cat aka @Glias san.

There is a reason Glias san is called the Queen. She is the person who started “The Cat Club” :slight_smile: and began the cat movement that embraced me years later turning me into a cataddict :stuck_out_tongue: (A serious condition where the recipient is addicted to cute cat images :heart_eyes_cat:)

Glias san eats culture for breakfast, lunch and dinner. She started threads like I can haz meme, Mobile Suggestion Game, GIFs only thread, The Nyaawards, The Gliawards, “Our Cherished memories, by the forum fam”, The 0/0 streak challenge etc. and each one of them became a movement strengthening the bonds among countless durtles over the years.

Glias san is the personification of the tenderness of a kitty. She is a gentle, cheerful, supporting and loving durtle. When she enters the thread you know that a cat pic is coming and a smile starts forming on your lips because you know it is going to the perfect cat picture for the moment. Talking to Glias san is going to make you feel fuwa fuwa :slight_smile:

It is not just durtles who are saved by her, she also literally saves lives in real life through her work. Glias san, thank you for all your efforts in the forum, we are all happier because of you. You are a fantastic durtle and even more than that, you are a fantastic person :innocent: Thank you for everything :bowing_man: :bowing_woman:

To answer Kumirei san’s question:
How do we know whether people like Glias’ posts or just Glias?
It’s both :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I bestow upon you the title of NekoMegami Durtle

tenor(5)

10 Likes

What a wonderful message to wake up to in the morning. You’re so sweet, @KyokaJiro! :durtle_love: Here is an extra cat for you

7 Likes

i saw you sent me a notification, but i wanted to make sure i had adequate time to read and compose a response to you before actually posting. apologies for being a bit late :bowing_man:

:eyes:
i-i don’t deserve this >_>
but omg thank you. thank you. it really means a lot to me that you think of me like that. and i’m also super glad you enjoy the music of adam young!

d’aww :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i really do strive to make people happy, and i’m glad to see that it works! i hope to continue spreading joy to you and everyone here on the forums :blush:

also

i don’t want to take credit for something i didn’t do—the original creator of the Welcome Wagon was @gojarappe, who certainly deserves respect for being the original sparkly greeter to the forums, haha

obviously i’m not nearly as good at writing eloquent messages of thanks as you are, dear @KyokaJiro, but i really hope you know how much your message means to me. you are such a kindhearted person. i hope you have an absolutely incredible day today *hugs*

keep dreaming up, y’all :green_heart: and don’t let the fire die :fire::guitar:

9 Likes

“Legend tells of a durtle warrior whose kanji skills were the stuff of legend.”

The universe has brought us the Durtle Warrior!

I met @PamuPanda in “Level 21 before 2021” thread. They are a fun durtle to be around. Pamu san made a splash like Po from “Kung Fu Panda”, only there was no fumbling panda. They entered like Po after his training with Master Shifu and ran through the levels with a thoroughness that is hard to see around at WK :slight_smile: They persist despite the increasingly difficult odds of sustaining 7-day levels and yet they are humble to the core.

Pamu san has a lot of wonderful tastes, their selections in anime and games are spot on. It is fun to talk with Pamu san whether it is Japanese language, games or philosophical discussions. Thanks for being here and sharing fun with us Pamu san.

I bestow upon you the title of Panda Durtle

8 Likes

Thanks for always making people feel welcome, @YoungAdam! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Aaaaah! Level 50! Congratulations!
So close!
Also, you are a wonderful durtle indeed.

5 Likes

I’ve been here a while now, @Naphthalene! Maybe in a year or so I’ll go back and finish the last 10 levels. :blue_heart:

5 Likes

No worries Young Adam san :slight_smile: I know you are busy with School.

I am glad you want to spread joy in the future too :grin:

Thanks for letting me know the origin story for the Welcome Wagon.

Your words are plenty enough Young Adam, your signature warmth oozes in your words :smiley: Thanks for your kind words Young Adam, they mean a lot to me as well :slight_smile:

YES!! let’s keep the fire burning :fire:

2 Likes

Thanks for starting the wonderful welcoming tradition @gojarappe san :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have you ever heard of Yuki Hayashi’s music? (Haikyuu, Boku No Hero Academia, Run With The Wind, Ao Haru Ride etc.) It is a spectacular mix of elegance, excitement, relaxation and rejuvenation. His music can make you feel happy, sad, relieved, excited and helps you explore a whole lot of emotions you have not experienced before. It makes your heart go Waku Waku. I experience a similar feeling when I listen to this durtle’s explanations. There is a level of classiness topped with poetic words and tinged with a hint of dry humor underlying their statements. Of course, it is none other than our own @BIsTheAnswer san :smile: (Anyone who knows me understands how much I love Yuki Hayashi’s music, so I do not make that comparison lightly :slight_smile: )

I met B san for the first time on the “Introductions V2” thread back in early October. It was a memorable occasion to say the least :stuck_out_tongue: (You can hop over to the thread to enjoy it :wink: ) Our next interaction was three days after that on the Gliaawards thread where B san professed their love for Vanilla Ice cream :grinning: Soon after I joined the Poll thread and we hit it off. B san is not your quintessential geek durtle. Some or most of the times when they are talking, you feel it is beyond your understanding :stuck_out_tongue: but you listen to it anyway because they can unfold it in a manner in which you can understand. There are a lot of people who are technically strong, I guess B san also has loads of charisma in addition. For example let’s assume you have a hard time understanding Calculus and hate it with a passion. If Brad Pitt/Scarlett Johannsson is teaching the Calculus, I am pretty sure you will stick around and listen even if you feel Calculus be damned :wink: That’s how it feels when you listen to B san.

And don’t even get me started on their awesome origin story… that’s a legend on its own :grin: With a person like B san in tow, your life will be a lot more interesting. Do I need another reason to love the quirky, geeky, artsy, Wanikani-loving durtle like B san? HELL NO :smile: Thanks for showing up in my life B san :slight_smile: I bestow upon you the title of B Durtle (Read as “Be Durtle”. A proud endorsement to become a durtle :wink: )

Pssst… Don’t skip the vocab :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, this one’s for you :smile:

B

8 Likes

sees goja after both of us have been MIA around the forums for a while

VISIBLY TEARS UP

:sob::heart: hi kouhaiiiiii I hope you’re doing okay, miss you lots

@KyokaJiro sorry to butt in your wonderful topic, KyokaJiro! I just had to say hi to my kouhai :sweat_smile: But I absolutely love your topic and it’s super sweet of you to make it :heart:

6 Likes

Thanks for dropping by @TomatoSalad Senpai :slight_smile:

This thread is for everyone to share their gratitude, so I am happy that you dropped in and shared your love for Goja senpai :grin:

Also, Thanks for your kind words Senpai :blush:

3 Likes

This is so nice, thank you! :grin:

I’ve listened to his music a lot. The multiple variations of “You say run” and some of Haikyuu’s soundtracks are among my favorite tracks to have on repeat while studying (they make even the most boring material seem like some amazing battle). I do sometimes wonder during Haikyuu whether the world is going to end if they lose a match though :grin:

And I will stand by this choice, I’ll take vanilla ice cream over chocolate any day of the week. :grin:

This is great :grin: The entire post was so nice I’ve been sitting here with a grin while reading it the entire time. Thank you so much. :grin:

4 Likes

You are welcome B san :slight_smile: Everything in there is true, I have spelled out what all of us feel about you :grin:

EXACTLY !!

All Haikyuu soundtracks are great, and for the world ending comment - Listen to S2 OST CD2 Soundtrack 19 - Makkou Shoubu . This is the soundtrack that plays during the Karasuno vs Seijoh final rally in Set 3 in S2E24. I have watched that video and listened to that soundtrack so many times, just hearing it evokes the imagery and dialogues in my mind :grin: Lol, I can go on and on about every single sound track :smile:

My original plan was to give you “Vanilla Durtle” but in the end I felt “B Durtle” was more fitting for you :slight_smile:

And I learnt my lesson, never discount Vanilla in any competition :wink:

My Pleasure :slight_smile: If you have a smile on your face, I succeeded B san :smile:

3 Likes

It’s in my playlist actually, I’ve listened to it a lot already :grin: Above is also a great one with a similar epic-fight feel to it. The soundtrack to that show is just great.

2 Likes

“Clever as the Devil and twice as handsome.”

This is the quote that comes to my mind when I think about this durtle. This durtle is one of the most important ones in my forum journey…because it is due to a single post from them I stumbled upon WK’s “Narnia” (POLL thread) :grin: I was as stupefied as Lucy when she first entered Narnia :stuck_out_tongue: The durtle is @theghostofdenzo san.

Denzo san is a quintessential witty durtle from Britain. Their wit is red hot and razor sharp. It can give you serious burns :wink: They are as geeky as they are funny and that’s a deadly combination :grin: If I was even 10% as funny as you are Denzo san, I’d be set for life :smiley:

Thanks for introducing me to the POLL family :heart_eyes: and Thank you for entertaining all of the durtles with your relentless wit :smile: I bestow upon you the title of Oscar Durtle

Note: The origin of Oscar durtle is from “Oscar Wilde”, the wittiest author I have read :slight_smile:

9 Likes

no u

no wit left to be found after reading that

7 Likes

screeeeee the gif wont attach and I’m too sleepy to fix this post
i miss you too, tomasen and i always hope that you are well <3

4 Likes