Gratitude - An Ode to the Wonderful Durtles

When in doubt, talk baby.

(Best advice on speaking in Japanese)

One of the reasons I learn Japanese is to read a book by the Maestro Haruki Murakami in Japanese :slight_smile: I love the English translations and I firmly believe the translator has done an excellent job. The urge to read the original never goes away. This durtle is also a fan of Murakami Sensei. It is none other than @Saida san :slight_smile:

I met Saida san on a Wanikani Discord server. They moderated the speaking practice session with finesse and gently guided other durtles on the call with their clear answers. I was beyond impressed and completely awestruck at the level of effort that must have went to their preparations to achieve that level of mastery :slight_smile: Thank you Saida san.

They are also one of the top 10 users on the forum with interesting threads such as Murakami Book club and Stump Leebo. They learnt professional Calligraphy and even sold their art :grin: It is not easy to put your work out there without feeling vulnerable. To put your heart and soul into breathing something new into this world is beyond admirable. It takes a level of courage to create art and even greater courage to sell it. Fun fact: They also train in Kendo :muscle:

Thank you for being a valuable member of the community Saida san :slight_smile: All of us are inspired by your actions and benefit from your knowledge. I bestow upon you the title of Rembrandt Durtle

8 Likes