Gratitude - An Ode to the Wonderful Durtles

“Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of the birds, the ebb and flow of the tides, the folded bud ready for the spring. There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature - the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.”

-Rachel Carson

When I was a little kid, one of my favorite shows on Cartoon Network was “Captain Planet.” Nearly 2 decades later, I still hum the title song…

Earth!
Fire!
Wind!
Water!
Heart!

GO PLANET!

With your powers combined I am Captain Planet!

Captain Planet, he’s our hero,
Gonna take pollution down to zero

I am so happy that I remember this title song when I think of this durtle. Because they are someone worthy of the title “Captain Planet”. Among all the durtles I have met in the last 10 months, I haven’t met a durtle who cared about nature as much as this durtle. They are as gentle as summer breeze and as powerful as the greenery protecting our planet. I affectionately refer to them as Midori because they remind me of a wonderful character called Midori Sakurazawa from Chihayafuru. They are none other than @Windgreen san :slight_smile:

I have met Midori san on the POLL thread. They were kind enough to offer me homemade cocoa chocolates :smile: When people are asked what do they fear most, the number one answer is not “Fear of Death” - it is “Fear of Public Speaking”. Midori san also belongs to the above said category, yet they struggled and fought through their anxiety, fears and worked hard to present a brilliant TED talk in front of hundreds of strangers. and it was not just a talk, it was a masterpiece :clap: It was witty, useful and had a clarity of thought that is rare to find. There is only one word to describe such a feat “FABULOUS”. I bow to your patience and perseverance to break through your barriers and fears to help the society :bowing_woman: :bowing_man:

The way they present their advice to overcome anxiety and fears through meditation permeates gentleness through out the conversation. It is non-judgmental, helpful and encouraging to the recipient. I can’t fathom the level of effort that took to reach that stage and still maintain the urge to improve while also staying humble :slight_smile:

If you think that they are all work and no fun then you are sorely mistaken. They are an absolute fun to be around. They draw, color, read and write (I am jelly of their beautiful handwriting :stuck_out_tongue: ). They are also the creator of one of the most creative and entertaining threads called “Stationery Thread”. If you love your stationery, hop over and share your favorites :grin: They also created the “Sticker Durtle” :metal: They sing in Choir and are a massive Pothead Potterhead :raised_hands: There is still a lot more to them. Fun fact: They are also the leader of Team Wind in Olympians XXXII thread.

Midori san, you once said:

I wish I was better at acknowledging and celebrating the achievements I do get

I hope you got better at this, because you are one of the most fantastic people I have ever met and you deserve the praise, satisfaction and happiness :slight_smile: I bestow upon you the title of Captain Planet Durtle

8 Likes