Gratitude - An Ode to the Wonderful Durtles

Thank you for your kind words! I’ve really enjoyed our conversations in the POLLs throughout this year and always look forward to seeing your comments in the thread. See you in the POLLs but until then: Happy Holidays and take care of yourself and the family! ^>^ :heart: :green_heart: :heart:

6 Likes

This is so wonderful!
I love how much work you are putting into these, @KyokaJiro. I don’t think we have ever really communicated here, but you are such a great force in the community.
I love that the community is so large and active that there are totally great people here that I have never even ran into before.
:heart:
Keeping doing kindness!

7 Likes

I hope everyone is having a lovely day!

I’m just making some gingerbread ^-^

7 Likes

8 Likes

Well, its hard to make Edward Elric silent, but your powerful writing can do it!

ed

Thank you for this incredible Christmas gift!

Honestly I’m failing to find adequate words to explain my emotional response to your post.

Happy Holidays and all the best to you!

7 Likes

Is this the “The Good Place”?

The forum is a collection of countless durtles. To manage the forum and make sure that things are running smoothly while also accommodating the weird and wonderful quirks of durtles is not a child’s play.

Thank you @Mods for all your hard work in making this place the real “The Good Place”. Thanks to all your efforts, maintenance and development we are able to have a Jolly good time on the forum :slight_smile:

For tirelessly spreading the gospel of Crabigator to all corners of the world, I bestow upon you the title of Apostle Durtle

Note 1: A special shout-out to @TofuguKanae and @RachelG for personally helping this durtle :raised_hands:
Note 2: Sorry for the ping. I wanted the mods to see this message and understand we appreciate your work :slight_smile:
Note 3: Yes, This is “The Good Place”!!

10 Likes

If we only focus on making the best moves, we will never get the better of our opponent. When necessary, we must be willing to take big risks, and be prepared to lose everything. Unless we change how we fight, we cannot win.

-Erwin Smith (Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan)

If you take the sweetness of a lush strawberry and mix it with the character of a strong commander, what do you get? You get @CDR-Strawberry :slight_smile: or Danchou for cadets like me :stuck_out_tongue:

As the name suggests Danchou is a gentle durtle that embodies the kindness and love of the best of durtles and at the same time they are true to their convictions even if they are being battered by the worst of the storms. They are the kind of durtle that wants to shelter and save a stray cat. They are the kind to be filled with joy to see a family of foxes play around.

It is not just kindness and strength, Danchou is a rockstar when it comes to cosplay or photography. They can make custom anime masks or 3D plastic fish or durtles and you can see the tens of hours of love and efforts that went to making the items.

Danchou is also one of those rare durtles that step towards their dreams even though it is terrifying. They engage their fellow Japanese workers using their WK Japanese and go through extra efforts to incorporate Japanese into their daily life. They started wonderful threads like Japanese sentence of the day, small talk in Japanese etc. As they are fond to say “We rise and fall and break and we make our mistakes…”

Thanks for being a wonderful role model Danchou. We will gladly dedicate our hearts to the cause :grin: I bestow upon you the title of Danchou Durtle

4 Likes

Oh my goodness, that was quite a while ago!! I actually didn’t even remember that I had posted here about it! But I do remember collecting Vivillon and have a box of them still stored in my game. It’s great because the different patterns come from all over the world, just like people here :grin:

:open_mouth: You just blew my mind!! That’s so cute, hahaha. I love it!

I see you’re working hard on more lovely posts, so I won’t take up too much space here. But thank you :two_hearts:

3 Likes

right?!

Obviously you meow!

I left a cute chibi collection of trash heap volleyball idiots kitties there for ya

I love ya so I bully ya!

how i wish but suave is true on occasion while coder is a dream in a land far, far away!

i’m training sky kitteh but his admiration seem to be focused on the nunchuk rather than the wok alas…

i feel i must clarify the whole kitty cat situation here
i’m eren

a name given for hissing savagely at a few hours old… a cat’s gotta defend themselves y’know!

iris - cat’s eyes makeup - the cat is mama!

hehe you’ll find that i made a meme of that in the WK meme thread a while back with nearly the same spelling!.. great minds and all that!

Apologies for the late reply to your ode. It got me all teary eyed when i first read it but thankfully, rereading now makes me smile!

Lotsa love to you, you’re just something else and i’m terribly glad i got to meet you via WK.

Here’s to more play fighting in the POLL thread

5 Likes

Thanks for your kind words @RoseWagsBlue san :slight_smile:

While we may not have chatted with each other, I have read your responses on multiple threads and enjoyed them :grin: You are a rockstar :metal:

I love this idea. Sometimes it is hard not to feel the FOMO (Fear of missing out) on the forum, but I love your words since they imply a view point of abundance :heart: I will imprint the words and the feelings on my heart :slight_smile:

I will do my best Rose san :bowing_man: :bowing_woman:

3 Likes

My pleasure sansarret san :slight_smile:

I am happy that you felt that way :grin:

Thanks! All the best to you as well :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

That’s the reason the post is titled in such manner :wink: Each post is customized based on the durtle’s actions, their past posts and my interactions with them :slight_smile: Since you love scavenger hunting, you can try to find all the easter eggs I inserted in each post including yours Saiba sama :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahaha, no worries. Family and festivities come first :slight_smile:

I am happy you felt that way :smiley:

Moi Aussi, Saiba sama :grin:

4 Likes

@Saibaneko さん、congratulations on your new nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaice nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavatar! :cat2:

Here’s the new upgraded version of Saibane-coin:

Saibanecoin

5 Likes

Here is a little something for everyone here.
A friend in 京都(きょうと) just sent me this お(まも)り named アマビエ who is a three legged mermaid who has been helping 日本人(にほんじん) fight コロナ.
I have heard of her on the news, but this is the first time someone has sent me one.
I am sharing her with you, because you are all my frens, and she will help you fight コロナ too.

8 Likes

When you awaken to your dream

What will you see in your eyes?

• Raison D’etre

Every generation of Wanikani learners has a few stand out leaders who organize, lead and make durtles feel at home with their interactions. This durtle is one of the outstanding leaders from our most recent generation, their name is @quimda san :slight_smile:

Qui san is a soft spoken and natural born leader. Their initiative to create “Level 7 Leaderboard group” thread towards the tail end of 2020 became an accountability and collaboration thread for all the durtles who joined in the last quarter of 2020 and the returning durtles who have reset.

They are also a durtle with a fantastic sense of humor and a lover of EVE music. Thanks for introducing EVE music to me Qui san :grin: Pop into the POLL thread and experience their awesomeness for yourself.

Thanks for being a lovely and lively member of the community Qui san :bowing_woman: :bowing_man: You have bought a new cheer to the poll fam and the forum fam :star_struck: I bestow upon you the title of Eve Durtle

Note: I can see a new generation ROCKSTAR in the making :metal:

7 Likes

I’m sorry but I only just now saw this. Thank you so much! You’re really too kind :orange_heart:

4 Likes

My pleasure danchou :slight_smile:

Also, I posted it just now. I actually allocated the post to you 10 days ago but took an unexpected break due to holidays. So, I restarted the thanking process today and updated the post with actual content. That is why you got the ping today :slight_smile: You are good.

4 Likes

So what drink can I get ya? How about a CosmoPOLLitan or a Moscow Coelacanth?

-Wise Words from a Sage Durtle Coelacanth

“Who am I?”

It is one of the most intriguing and profound philosophical questions of life. Your interactions with this durtle makes you think “Who is this durtle?” and it becomes your overwhelming obsession :joy: This durtle frequently changes their name. While they may change their name, their nature doesn’t change. They are still the same Intelligent, Sassy and Wildly entertaining durtle :grin: It is none other than @santanjirou san :slight_smile:

When I first met Tanjirou san, they were known as “YesWeCoelacanth” and had a frightening profile picture (I don’t want to know what that is :stuck_out_tongue:). Everything changed the moment we interacted. Every group of friends has a person who has the craziest stories, among the POLL fam that durtle is Tanjirou san. Whether it is heating up ramen on laptop battery, eating the spiciest food for the kick of it, posting hilarious Japanese videos, Come what may, you will be entertained :grin:

Tanjirou kun has learnt in multiple countries and they are soon going to be a KyoDai grad (Kyoto Daigaku). I am happy for them to experience the Japanese way of life :slight_smile: They are a hardcore gamer (plays games with JP language settings) and they work as hard on Wanikani as well. They also put the Japanese knowledge to good use by reading delightful light novels as Tenki no Ko, Kimi no Na Wa etc. If I had spent as much time as Tanjirou kun in Japanese, I would be writing this article in Japanese :stuck_out_tongue:

They are a pro at Paticle Physics :wink: and they are involved in the making of one of the biggest anime hits of all time known as “Attack on Durtle” :stuck_out_tongue: If you ever find yourself looking for the right Black Pink gif for any occasion, they are your go-to person :grin:

Their description of POLL thread is probably the truest statement on this forum :wink:
“It’s one of the special features of the POLL thread. You start into a productive morning, have a quick look inside the POLL thread and boom, it’s midnight.” I have experienced it multiple times and can confirm the validity of the theory :joy:

Among all their usernames, their current name of santanjirou suits them the best because they are a joy bringer like Santa and 温かい (atatakai - warm) like Kamado Tanjiro. Thanks for adding joy to our lives Tanjirou san :bowing_man: :bowing_woman: I bestow upon you the title of Atatakai Durtle

9 Likes

I wonder, Who that would be?
My guess is, that would be someone truly ワンderful:

4 Likes

:speak_no_evil: ^^
this is probably one of the nicest things someone has said about me, thank you so much :heart:
you really made my day (and probably my week too :joy:)
it means a lot :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes