Grammar sentence cards

I’m preparing to start going off without bunpro, don’t think I’ll be able to pay for it.

How do you go about making them?
Do you find the 100% correct Japanese example sentence, along with the 100% correct English translation (one of them at least, since one sentence can mean so many things)? Or is it just the 100% correct Japanese sentence, along with explanations on the back, and you make the meaning yourself right there on the spot.

Now that I’m thinking about it, it would make more sense to have the explanation on the back right? It would stop you from just remembering what the sentence meant on accident, wouldn’t it?

Also, I don’t like using other peoples sentence packs, I’ve tried it, it doesn’t really work for me so I’d rather do it on my own.

What about monolingual sentence cards, you would have the 100% correct Japanese on the front, but what would you have on the back? Just the sentence again with furigana?

Wait, does bunpro cost money? I haven’t really used it, but I was under the impression it was a free site.

It will continue to be free until the 10th of May, I believe.

1 Like

If you have a Bunpro account, you should have this in your inbox.

First and foremost, thank you for using Bunpro! We are constantly amazed by how passionate the Japanese-learning community is. We sincerely appreciate all of your support, feedback and kind words.

We realize that April 10th is still two weeks away, but we wanted to let you know about some upcoming changes to Bunpro.

Available April 10th!
・iOS App: The iOS app will finally be moving out of beta and will be available to everyone. It is still being actively developed so you can expect further updates and improvements.

・Android App: At long last, an Android app for Bunpro will be available. It is only in alpha, but if you would like access, please contact us with an email address that we can send the invite to and we will send it as soon as it is available (maybe even before the 10th!).

・N4 Audio: Each N4 example sentence will be accompanied with audio recordings.

・New N2: N2, Lesson 6 will be released.

Subscription
Beginning April 10th, Bunpro will switch to a subscription system. The subscription will be $5 monthly or $50 annually (two months free). Click here for more information.

We absolutely love working on Bunpro and we have a lot of new content and additional features that we can’t wait to share with you.

We hope that Bunpro will continue to aid you in your journey toward Japanese fluency.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at contact@mail.bunpro.jp!

They moved it back to may 10th, they said so in the bunpro thread.

1 Like

shrug

1 Like

I generally just use cloze deletion cards, and I’m more concerned with picking out the right grammar rather than the English translation. We briefly talked about this in another thread where I started doing it with Kanzen Master grammar points.

1 Like

I have the Cloze plugin on Anki but i dont have deletion cards? I only have recognition, recognition&recall, and optional recall
Edit: im an anki noob lol

Do you generally have simply one word clozed, or do you make multiple clozes on one sentence? I was planning on perhaps doing this with ADOBJG.

Yes, but because of all the heat that happened these days, they delayed to the 10th of May.

1 Like

Currently it’s one “grammar point” clozed, since I’m taking them from the examples in the SKM book. The goal is more so to use as many sentences as I can on an individual grammar point as to not simply memorize the sentences

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.