Sorry I do not speak Dothraky :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I only learned Toki Pona

3 Likes

wait…wanikani isnt a language?!

16 Likes

No no no. It’s a type of fruit.

4 Likes

P.S. @Midori-no-Sora I just listened to the song you composed and it’s absolutely lovely. Really really nice work

3 Likes

Agreed. I enjoyed it very much as well.

1 Like

When @Welteam just got OverlordBorxed…

Lo apprezzo molto, @Gsai ^^ Rimanga sempre favoloso!

1 Like

I understood like 80% of that!!! SOO STOKED!

2 Likes

Have you studied Italian in the past?

Took one semester of it in high school a loooong time ago hahaha.

I listen to a lot of Italian opera and contemporary songs though, so maybe that also helps.

Edit: I also speak French, so that definitely helps.

2 Likes

As usual, I just study by reading books (I have a huge stack of language books in my room and I keep dictionaries at an arm’s reach at all times for reference :wink: lately I’ve been carrying a German dictionary and a Japanese grammar book in my jacket pocket) and getting some info off of the internet. I know a bit of about 10 languages because I’m so linguistics-obsessed. My best ones are German, Spanish, and Italian.

Yeah, bro. Italian opera is where it’s at :ok_hand:

Are you from Canada? ^^

1 Like

I do live in Canada, yes.

1 Like

Well, aren’t you just the coolest kid? Thank you!

2 Likes

Ummm, no it doesn’t :no_mouth:

I’d say that it does. Knowing one romance language really helps in learning/understanding another ^^

2 Likes

Not for me. If we are talking about spanish, then yes I can get an overall understanding without ever learning it but italian? Just gibberish :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Just my opinion, but I find Italian to be much more elegant and refined :wine_glass::spaghetti: I’m around Mexicans everyday, and they don’t speak very proper Spanish (they don’t even know how to spell XD), but maybe if I went to Spain, it’d be a different story.

I guess I have an advantage, though. I can speak really bad Spanish and no one around here will think anything of it lol

What kind of lyrics are those?

edit: after thinking about it for 2 seconds I realized it was your goodbye

2 Likes