Getting off the first level

tbh I’m amazed you kept at it this long, didn’t quit, and still came here asking for help.

Now that you’re actually doing the new lessons and know where to find them I have a feeling you’ll go far :). Welcome to the community.

19 Likes

beeing a shy person is a choice.

16 Likes

it is tough to change that choice.

3 Likes

Honestly, this guy’s perseverance is incredible…even if the energy might have been better directed reading an FAQ. :sweat_smile:

Mods oughtta give him the title Enlightened One. Because he got all the radicals on level one to enlightened, geddit?

18 Likes

This is one of the few “WK is too slow” threads that I can actually empathize with

23 Likes

Spoken like a true extrovert.

23 Likes

Not all. Just 24 of 26. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m impressed for all the wrong reasons.

6 Likes

I thought it was 100% of the kanji?

Nope. It’s 90%.

Wow alright, I guess I can partly slack off on my kanji reviews then!

2 Likes

Can you mark that post as a solution so that people that see this thread don’t keep trying to help you with how to solve this?

6 Likes

So true xD he deserves a medal

2 Likes

(Edit: Wow I must really like to flesh out topics. This is COMPLETELY UNRELATED! Lol have fun reading folks :smiley:
TL;DR read “psychosomatic” definition)

I will say I’ve made the many steps necessary to become an “ambivert.” I am equally invigorated and exhausted by being alone compared to being around other people.

However, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to be a complete extrovert, even if I wanted to. There’s value in being wary, shy, alone and capable of enjoying or enduring such time.

It would require some extreme effort on my part to put on a mask of extroversion, but that doesn’t mean I can’t develop assertiveness and attentiveness separately.

A lot of people are not properly socialized, neglected by their parents long past the psychological markers at age 4. These types of people, after age 4 (early primary school starting age), start relationships with serious disadvantages in society. They can face a lot of social failure and various huge hurdles before they learn lessons that seem to come easy for most people. They may be diagnosed with learning disabilities and attention deficit disorders, which further neglect the true cause to start a longer process of treating the symptoms. Hyperactivity is more prevalent in boys but NOT due to any “toxic” factors, and I believe it’s over-medicated today.

Meanwhile, those people that are at the top of the “Pareto” distribution have their life running on tracks, autopilot, and perhaps take these challenges others face for granted-- simultaneously facing unique challenges that are maybe of a higher “caliber,” but merely equivalent difficulty. It doesn’t matter what their IQ, EQ, or SQ is when they’re that young-- maybe only to their parents.

Breaking the mold / taking back personal power / kick-starting positive feedback loops / enacting positive change is very difficult, no matter how much conscious focus you can muster, without a good mentor or inspiration (someone you respect that has blazed the trail for you to progress). In religion the focus is on a peer system and maybe mentor-ship. In cultivation you can only consolidate so much power before you need new inspiration and wisdom to rely on.

In my mind, it’s the harder lesson learned that generates true wisdom and perspective. The longer it takes to understand something, the more significant and valuable the experience remains, long after the lesson.

Are you cheating? I thought level one was Radical and Kanji, so a regular 7 day.

The SRS intervals for levels 1 and 2 are halved.

3 Likes

Thats nice to know. I just knew that it took me three days for level two and 14 days for level one. Didnt understand how my level 2 was so quick.

Hi all

Thanks for all your comments and the informative discussions. Problem is solved, I’ll now get to work hard on those first lessons. I even managed to get a refund from those extremely nice people at Wanikani! I’ll be back investing that money soon in the next few levels and beyond!

Now I know if I have any questions, I can come here to learn and grow my kanji and wanikani knowledge!

Thanks again!

Gary

30 Likes

Came for an eye-roll, stayed for a thoroughly inspiring lil’ community experience. You guys are a wholesome bunch :heavy_heart_exclamation:

7 Likes