Gakugram - new very beta site

I came across this site on Reddit and thought I would pass it on. It teaches words, using “comic” panels. The creator is going through and adding interactive text conversations now, kind of hard, super casual. They all have audio recordings too. There isn’t really a way to review other than to scroll through your learned cards now. The creator will email you when he adds new content, somewhat daily, there isn’t a ton up right now. Its kind of cute, something fun to break up the day a bit.

https://www.gakugram.com/

21 Likes

This looks really interesting, thanks for the link. The audio seems really clear. (I even managed to pick some right responses haha).

1 Like

Ooh this is really cute and I loved the interactive text conversation, thanks for the link!

1 Like

Cool! I’m always a fan of games where I can make robots explode bombs — unintentionally of course. :wink:

Thanks for sharing! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you, I like the casual conversation style. This looks promising, looking forward for them to come out of beta.

1 Like

I went to the site; got shown a text conversation where I had to pick the right dialogue options to fill the friendship bar at the top of the screen. I did so successfully.

10/10 would make friends again

2 Likes

very interesting, but it is necessary to know some grammar points, like here

luckily I saw some of them on shirimono.

2 Likes

Yeah, but if you search for がる on jisho.org, they give you links to Tae Kim and Imabi about that grammar point.

1 Like

It made me curious, so I went back to that one, and selecting just the がってた brought up the built in dictionary’s prompt for がる.

2 Likes

Cool! As long as I can language, I can be a human too! :durtle_durtverted_lvl1:

5 Likes

I feel attacked right now.

4 Likes

Idk I did some levels on my phone and everytime after a few I have an error from their server like “Something went wrong” kind of page and it restart me to some levels before argh

1 Like

Turns out we’re all blobs :eyes:

5 Likes

Anyone who says robots aren’t humans hasn’t watched Westworld

5 Likes

Speak for yourself. I’m a bloburtle.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Ah see you see me Im ピースさん the yellow in your ranking im supposed to be way further but I get reset every 5 levels oof

2 Likes

It’s kinda fun lol

2 Likes

Hey! I’m the creator of Gakugram. Sorry about the bugs (like progress being reset). I’m working on fixing those as we speak. I’ll dm you to get more details about your specific case.

And everyone else in this thread - please feel free to reach out to me or respond here with feedback and/or feature requests! I’m glad you are all liking the site so far :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Hey, good job! Your site is certainly a breath of fresh air compared to DuoLingo Japanese

5 Likes