ふらいんぐうぃっち Vol. 10 🧹

Oops - @Mods, sorry, would you mind making the OP of this thread a wiki too?

It’s happening! In a month :sob:

3 Likes

Yep, done!

5 Likes

Thanks again!

image934

8 Likes

Chapter 55 - おすそ分けはとても重い

It’s a well-known fact that, given enough time, every witch story must involve おすそ分け.

2021-07-09T15:00:00Z

• I’m reading along
  • I’m not reading along

0 voters

4 Likes

I have 4 chapters left in Volume 9. Planning to finish it this weekend and join reading during the week. :slight_smile:

6 Likes
Apparently I timed my garden just right for this chapter.

(There’s nothing for size references, but they’re normal-sized roma tomatoes, which have been ripening on my desk for a few days.)

5 Likes

You need a banana.

2 Likes

Me realizing this club is starting again this week

Feeling rested and excited to jump in again! :grin:
And on the first pages of the volume we have illustrations of an adorable cat creature and a JR station, I love it already xD
I see smol cat creatures on the back of the book, I want to meet the smol cat creatures
Anyway…getting to the actual chapter xD
What a cute chapter - can see now why Akane and Kei had to go with her, they really came back with a whole farmer’s market’s there :joy: So much neighborliness :blush:
Also, I do not even like tomatoes, but those are some darn delicious-looking tomatoes.

6 Likes

This was the first Manga I read with the help of these threads at the end of last year, I feel kind of nostalgic! I also really missed the comfy atmosphere of the Flying witch world.

(I think it is going to take me another chapter to get used to the accent again.)

8 Likes

Really enjoyed the first chapter

5 Likes

Really happy to be reading this again! That was a fun chapter :tomato:

Also looking forward to more Chito-san. I hope we get some chapter(s) centered on her on this volume =^.^=

4 Likes

It almost feels like we have our mangaka following along with the book club, posting this today:

8 Likes

Finally caught up! Still can’t believe I came all the way to the 10th volume of a manga series completely in Japanese. Couldn’t have done without the help of the book clubs in this forum. So everyone, thanks again! :slight_smile:

This was such a warm and comfy chapter. It made long for that intimate neighborhood life. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Chapter 56 - 魔女協会弘前支部

I'm starting to suspect this manga is a work of fiction.

2021-07-16T15:00:00Z

• I’m reading along
  • I’m not reading along

0 voters

4 Likes

ah haha. akane was long overdue a good scolding…probably why she doesn’t phone home :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Their mom is right at scolding Akane when she can just teleport back home in an instant. :smiley:

Looks like the dialog on page 46 refers to an old anime called Ikkyu-san:

I get the meaning here but, when the mom says 帰ってらっしゃい is that an expression like いってらっしゃい, or is there a grammar point for ~てらっしゃい?

I found the letter on pages 50 and 51 a little bit difficult due to words and the archaic language.

現世のつばなれが始まる
What is the bolded part here? I couldn’t find something suitable from Jisho.

2 Likes

I wonder how well known this anime is in modern day Japan, seeing as it ran from 1975 to 1982 (plus I’m sure it’s had re-runs).

I don’t know why it’s used here (I’m not familiar enough with it), but my understanding is that いらっしゃる is a form of いる, and depending on usage (verbて+いらっしゃる) can have the meaning or いる, 行く, or 来る (depending on context). As such, it may be seen attached to various verbs.

Doing a subtitle search for various anime I have on DVD, I see:
  • 黙ってらっしゃい
  • してらっしゃいます
  • 行ってらっしゃい (probably the most used, as it’s a set phrase)
  • 入れてらっしゃい
  • 覚えてらっしゃい
  • 着替えてらっしゃい
  • 持ってらっしゃい
  • 寄ってらっしゃい
  • 見てらっしゃい
  • 信じてらっしゃいません
  • 食べてらっしゃい
  • 連れてらっしゃい
  • 戻ってらっしゃい
  • 下りてらっしゃい
  • 心配してらっしゃいました

…and so on.

I think I’m going to be suddenly noticing this all the time when watching anime now.

According to this page (and various others), it refers to a number of people above ten.

Consider the following counting:

• 一つ
  • 二つ
  • 三つ
  • 八つ
  • 九つ

From here, つ is no longer used ((はな)れる), resulting in つばなれ.

Now, how does that apply here? I’m not fully certain, as this part of the chapter was a bit heavy to take in. But there is talk of 十の人 and 一つ later on the page.

3 Likes

You can also look it up on Jisho where it shows the meaning as standalone and as auxiliary verb: いらっしゃる - Jisho.org

2 Likes