From worst in the class to living comfortably in Japan -- yet another level 60 post

Wow, I’m glad you enjoyed my ramblings that much!

I personally disagree with you a little bit. I do think there’s such a thing as talent. I think people do have things they’re naturally good or not so good at. There are people with a talent for languages, and I’m comfortable with the fact that I’m not one of them. That doesn’t mean I can’t also learn, it just means I have to put in more work for the same gains, and I’m willing to do that. That’s how I see things, anyway.

Glad you enjoyed it, too! Yeah, that first N3 attempt is something I’ll never forget the pain of. But, yes, lesson learned…eventually.

1 Like

Maybe! But in anycase, the important thing is, as you say, the “willing to do that”. Such a strong phrase if you think about it. We shouldn’t do things just because are easy for us, but because we really want to :slight_smile:

My journey has been different but the pattern sounds familiar. Maybe similar personality type? I am an INFJ btw

Some day I will be able to reach level 60, hopefully it will be enough for N1. Thank you for the post.

1 Like

Congratulations!
May you achieve all the other goals you’ve set out for yourself in japanese!

When I finished reading your post I had got Goosebumps on my arms and tears in my eyes (I have no idea why). Congratulations a fifty thousand times. Hurray for you.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.