Free Pikachu short story on Amazon until May 15 2018

I was looking at the Wikipedia article for Detective Pikachu (名探偵ピカチュウ) and stumbled upon this information.

Until May 15 2018 you can get a free short story called 名探偵ピカチュウ ~第0章イーブイからの依頼 (Detective Pikachu Chapter 0 - Request from Eevee) for free for your Kindle or a device with a Kindle app.

41jf-S8GKSL

To do this you must have an account for amazon.co.jp with a Japanese adress. Since it’s only digital media, the physical adress doesn’t matter, you will get it to your device anyway. I tried with an account where my real outside Japan adress is used, and it wouldn’t let me download it.

I also assume you will be able to keep reading it after the 15th, as long as you’ve downloaded it before that date.

I read a little bit of it on my iPad. It’s not terribly hard, but I absolutely did not know all the vocabulary in it like:
出くわす - to happen to meet; to come across​
山ほど - a heap; great amount of​
レンガ - brick (as in material for building houses)
Feel free to laugh at my limited vocabulary :heart:

And have fun reading! :open_book:

10 Likes

Wow! <3
I want it!

So, it has to be a different account, I can’t just add a second address?

1 Like

I haven’t tried with multiple adresses on one account. If you try it, let me know how it turns out?

I’ve read a little bit, and it’s quite approachable.

1 Like

I can’t seem to find an address to use, don’t feel like setting up a proxy just to get one… not unless I’m planing on actually using it.

If I remember correctly, I just used something like this. I checked just now, and I apparently live somewhere in Kyoto.

(You just need the basic information and adress of course, I’m not sure why this particular one gives information about yearly salary and profession)

1 Like

I got it added, even tried putting it as my default. Didn’t work (note: I’m not using a VPN, so my IP is not in Japan)

I didn’t use a VPN either, I’m fairly sure.

But I did make a new account with a new e-mail adress. I get if you think it’s to much of a hassle, but there really is a lot of interesting things available as e-books. Weekly manga magazines with lots of pages for about a dollar, etc. And it’s very good to have it set up when free deals like this shows up! :gift:

Let me know if I can help!

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! :smiley:

I don’t know when or how I set it up, but I already had an amazon.jp account with my old address in France. :S

1 Like

It’s not too much to just set up a new amazon account. But it was worth a try :wink:
It was finding and signing up for a proxy that was too much =P

It worked! Even took the credit card info I got from the site you shared :wink:

But now what?

I have mac, iPhone, iPad
Will one have to be used exclusively for Japanese? Or just log back and forth?

And thanks for all the help!!! =D

Oh, thank you! Got it and can’t wait to read this little gem haha

I decided to try download for mac, and looks like I just log back and forth between, so no problem there.
Got it added! Thank you so much! =D

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.