(Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading

Oh btw the Higurashi text I sent is only for Ch.1 Onikakushi, not the whole series. Also, I don’t know if your purchase link system allows for multiple entries, but it’s available on GOG and Steam in addition to the site and consoles listed on VNDB.

1 Like

Yeah, I realize that now. I decided to check the second volume and it has all of the words appearing in order, starting with 同士 on the 4th line on the very first page.

EDIT: I have an idea…

EDIT2: Flipping them did not work, but just using the overlapping words list to find recurring f1 words works as a temporary fix.

Yeah I figured. Everything on the website is for the first book in the series unless stated otherwise. I’ll add the GOG link when I get time. Steam… Eh… the only company I wanna give money less than Amazon is Steam >.>

Yeah it’s grabbing the ID (order of appearance) from the second and third books instead of the first.

2 Likes

Crazy how nature do dat

Yeah I’m gonna go hunting in the forest later for some better quality SQL statements

5 Likes

When I had issues with my comp sci assignments I would seek divine guidance first through ritual dance.

3 Likes

Have you considered selective breeding?

2 Likes

The known words percentage sort doesn’t seem to be working properly. It’s correct up the largest 7 items. It’s the same both ascending and descending.

Edit: I don’t know javascript, but it looks like it’s comparing strings rather than comparing floats.

Converted to string here:

dat[i]['percent_known'] = ((1 - (dat[i].unknown / (dat[i].unique))) * 100).toFixed(1);

And then using < and > to compare here:

if (this.lastSort['order'] == 'asc') {
                    this.arr.sort(function(b, a) {
                        if (a.sort < b.sort)
                            return -1;
                        if (a.sort > b.sort)
                            return 1;
                        return 0;
                    })
                }

Can you screenshot it being incorrect? It’s looking right to me.

Edit: It’s probably just a version error

There is still an issue with the definition note/reading note order.

To reproduce : On the lesson page go to add+. Enter a new word with some reading and definition note. Add the word. Select this new word in the list and go to queue. During the review reading and definition note are reversed.

1 Like

Ok cool, reproduced it alright.

Current list of stuff I’m working on by priority (this is a more a note for myself)

1. Kanji tooltips on the SRS done
  2. Ordering issue on Primary + F1 done
  3. Reading/note switched when using the add new word button from the lessons page done
  4. Remove WK kanji duplicates from trimming page done
  5. Search feature (rip Nath)

@ me if I forgot something.

1 Like

It’s only a problem when the number is under 10%. When the number of digits before the decimal is different, the character-by-character ordering doesn’t match numerical ordering unless there’s a leading 0 to pad it. ‘7’ > ‘6’, so “7.4” is considered larger than “60.1”. The string “10” is still smaller than “60.1” though, because ‘6’ > ‘1’.

1 Like

Well, at least I’m on the list.

1 Like

Update 9/14 - kanji tooltips & alchemizer stuff

• SRS now has a kanji tooltip feature

• Hover over any word while reviewing to see its definitions and on-readings (I think kun-readings are like super useless here so we’re just gonna save the server some hassle)
    • Useful if you forgot what stuff means
    • Q: why is the tooltip flying over the stupid input box? A: cuz framework issues…
    • Q: why isn’t it placed directly under the kanji? A: cuz framework issuesssssssss
  • Singles (Alchemizer-lite)

• Properly greys out unavailable stuff
  • Alchemizer

• Redid SQL statements
    • All combined lists now show the frequency of appearance in all books
    • Primary + Frequency 1 ordering fixed @Vanilla

Kanji Lookup

To do list:

1. Remove WK kanji duplicates from trimming page
  2. Search feature (???)
  3. Fix books page ordering by % known when the number is a single digit
4 Likes

Update 9/16 - Soft Resets & Navigation Simplification

New Feature: Soft Resets

• Effectively clears your queue without destroying your account
  • Resets low level items to lessons deletes low level items
  • Trashes high level
  • Go use this if you want a clean start

Navigation Simplification

• Items in ‘accounts’ tab reduced from 6 > 4
  • Trimming, exporter, and importer moved into ‘word manager
  • Created an in-site Patreon page

Trimming

:high_touch: :high_touch: :high_touch: :high_touch: :high_touch: :high_touch: :high_touch: :high_touch: :high_touch:

3 Likes

Question about the patreon page:
Since floflo already knows I’m a patron (since I have access to the full alchemizer), shouldn’t it show something like “Your current tier” instead of the default page?

Anyway, both that page and the word manager are looking slick!

1 Like

And 17 of my kanji got trimmed away ! Heck yeah ! Thanks @Raionus

2 Likes

I really appreciate that a PreCure series is on this site. Not just for difficulty level but because it’s something that I’ve been swearing to watch for years in English anyway. Actually, I’ve been positively impressed by the diversity of content that appeals to me in general (over many difficulty levels). Thanks for all the work you put into this, Raionus!

General question that might have been answered, sorry: is pool size the lesson batch size? It says default 7 but I’m seeing 1/5 on the progress bar, so I’m not sure. Am I using floflo ‘wrong’ if I queue all 20 items in my lessons queue and just let it select at random (Anki-style…), or did you intend that we pick an appropriate amount that we’d looked at beforehand? I was just a bit confused by how it acted at first. ^^’

edit: Oh, is that I have to get it correct in the lessons first go for it to be added to my vocab?

2 Likes

Batch size is how many items are juggled at the same time. The batch size on wanikani is 10, by the way. A batch size of 1 means that you are always asked back to back for both meaning and readings (1x1 mode from the reorder script on WK). Obviously, batch size only matters if you have more items to review than the batch size.

If you just press queue, you will get the lesson quiz for the first 5 items from your queue. If you want more, less, or just not the first ones, you have to select them individually by clicking on them (which makes them ticked) before pressing queue.

And yes, you are supposed to have do the lesson by yourself before. You can see the details of an item by pressing down on it until it turns completely green, then releasing. (Or details on the right)

2 Likes

Ah, thank you, I understand now. (You’re always helping me with this stuff, I appreciate it a lot.) The detailed view is a lot easier to work with. :slight_smile:

1 Like