(Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading

Yee. @Nath make sure the click is limited to the correct table. There’s a kanji table and a vocab table. If the vocab table is selected everything added would be added as a vocabulary item. If your thing is clicking all the add buttons indiscriminately, then it’s going to add kanji items as vocab items.

1 Like

It might be due to the way that I am selecting the buttons, but only vocab items are being added so far.
I’m going to check.

Indeed, I haven’t added any kanji so far.

But I have added some vocab :smiley:
nightmare2

I am become death.

How is the server taking it, by the way?

3 Likes

Another thing I noticed was that you could kinda blow up the server :stuck_out_tongue: (or perhaps that was with the alchemizer)

1 Like

Yes, I have added some delay between clicks just in case.
But it takes a looong time even with those, so I kept them short (100 ms).
Hence the question :sweat_smile:

I only tried on singles, though :thinking:

Did you ever end up redoing the noragami list? @Raionus

1 Like

Yep, it has all episodes now.
It wasn’t hand checked though. I looked at the Japanese subtitles of the first episode when it was still in beta, and there are more issues than you would see in a book. It has the key elements necessary for the plot, though.

1 Like

Forget it. I bet it was the katakana words being hidden that was causing trouble…

You shouldn’t remove your post.
It’s a good warning to give to users of the script.

One day, I will have the time and motivation to put actual info on the script page…

1 Like

(Maybe add back the problem in the text as well :joy:)

1 Like

(I’ll add it tomorrow… it’s freaking 1:19am and I need to be at the gym in 7h30mins :joy:)

1 Like

I figured out the cause of the Safari text not switching bug, and have reported it to webkit. In the meantime, removing the position:relative; from wordSection doesn’t seem to break anything and fixes it. As an alternative (if that does break things), you can add :key="items" to the <span :id="'word'+indx" v-for="(items, indx) in displayFields.word"> which will cause it to update the word in a different way that doesn’t trigger the bug.

4 Likes

@Raionus i think this file could be useful to filter things like particles etc
http://kanji-link.com/docs/en_vocab_list.xlsx

so i changed some vocab so that it now asked me reading of kanji and meaning of kanji word instead of meaning of hiragana word. now these edited items reappeared as unknown words in my book which is should not be

That’s exactly how it should work. You don’t have the item in the book added anymore.

I made the change and Nath said it seems to be working so far. Nice find dude :ok_hand: What made you guess that that might be the issue?

1 Like

nah they still have the same hiragana and in parts even the same kanji. its just kanji and hiragana swapped

The first thing I noticed was that the web inspector was showing the change, even if the main page wasn’t. I tried messing with a bunch of things with the spans first. (Tried making it so that the kanji were directly inside the span with the for loop, still was broken. Looked at the vue for loop documentation and saw the option to include the :key (which forces Vue to not update in place), and found that that worked. I was going to just post that but I kind of wanted the bug reproduced in a way that I could report it to Webkit/Vue.)
Eventually I realized that I could edit the character manually using the web inspector and it still didn’t change on screen. Don’t remember what I tried next but I eventually tried deleting stylesheet references from the header randomly to see if it was being caused by a style and found that deleting the main style.css fixed the issue (and made everything look terrible). Since that worked, I went through the style inspector and just started unchecking pieces of stylesheets until I found that removing the position:relative; fixed it.
But when I tried to make my own page to reproduce the issue to make a Webkit bug report, just adding a span with position:relative; didn’t have the issue. I also noticed that the position:relative; didn’t come from the style.css so there must have been something else in there that was contributing. So I cloned the style.css to my server and started deleting pieces of it (and with my amazing luck, ended up deleting practically the entire thing because the issue was one of the things at the very end, taking 17 tries) until I fixed the issue, then adding back smaller pieces until I broke it. In the end, removing a position:fixed; applied to #review header fixed it. Then I tried adding a position:fixed; header to my bug reproduction html and that made it work, so I reported the bug and then posted about it here.

5 Likes

Just trash them. :man_shrugging:

i did but its not nessicary

How do you suggest associating the kana and kanji versions of the word, from a technical level? What if the word written in kana has multiple words associated with it and you pick the one that you think is relevant for this book, but in the next book that kana word is something else?

These are pretty rhetorical questions anyway. It doesn’t seem worth the development effort to associate these words when the solution is literally a single click away.

2 Likes

Hey, it’s me again, once more trying to (mis)use Floflo for things it was not built for :wink:

First of all, I do not really understand the “ignore” feature, I’m afraid. It says that words will disappear for 30 days, right? But I have not yet figured out what happens after those 30 days… In my case, I ignored a bunch of words from the Time Girl story. This must have been on Oct. 16th and 17th (given that I had reported some misparsings of words on these days). But to this day they did not reappear yet, although the 30 days are long past…?! Is this a bug or a feature? Where can I find these words now?

The other thing is, meanwhile I realized that ignoring words that I do not want to learn right now is not really what I’m looking for because then these words are gone for some time, which might be inconvenient for various reasons (re-reading passages, reading other books in parallel etc). So I thought about what would be a better approach for me. And actually, I just want to be able to look at all of the words of a book without the need to learn them or to ignore them. Now I understand that there is a need to restrict the list of displayed words for reasons of server load etc. but I was wondering whether it could be an option to implement a paging mechanism that allows me to step through all of the words in chunks? So I can decide on my own which words to trash and which words to keep untouched, while still having access to the whole vocabulary, little by little. What do you think of this?

4 Likes