(Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading

@TamanegiNoKame @Jakeb

I was in the middle of updating something and just finished. Is the website working properly for you two now? Or are you still having problems?

2 Likes

Yep. It is showing words that don’t look like Greek to me, which is great since I am studying Chinese…:eyes::turtle::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yeah it’s working now, Thank you!!

2 Likes

Update 11/5 Parts of Speech Tooltip

I’ve been stuck in a Japanese class that emphasizes speaking and literally nothing else, to my great dismay. Anywhere, since parts of speech are now important to me, they are now part of Floflo. Enjoy.

• SRS
    • Added parts of speech to tooltips
    • Using jmdict’s syntax right now. If you want to know what something means check here.

3 Likes

:joy:

By the way @Raionus, Floflo is lacking a a favicon. Might I recommend your lovely avatar?

4 Likes

On the lessons page where you show reviews now, in an hour, and in 24 hours, can you also show when the next review will be? Right now, I have no idea when my next reviews will be, except I know it’s between 1 and 24 hours.

Regarding the 心 thing, am I still supposed to see that flashing when I click the review button when I have no reviews?

Got some text overflow:

The last few days or so I’ve occasionally had a bug where I get asked to review the same item two times in a row or at least very close together. Right now I just ran into the same thing where it asked me the meaning of 嘲笑 twice in a row, except that the second time it marked me wrong and said the answer was enthronement (即位), another term that I’m studying.

Update: This happened a few more times. I’ll hold off on reviews for now.

1 Like

I mean it’s the filler text that’s there before vue loads. I don’t really have a lot to say about it.

Will add to the list of stuff to fix

I’ve had this happen very rarely over the months but I’ve never been able to produce it consistently ever. Has it happened to you on PC or has it only happened on mobile? Also lightning mode or no lightning mode? I don’t have a lot of information on it at the moment.

The double review has happened to me on PC but is pretty rare and when it does it accepts answers normally. I’m not sure this has happened to me on mobile.

What started happening on mobile yesterday (Chrome 70.0.3538.75, iOS 12.0) seems like the text of the item being reviewed doesn’t update. If I go into the settings and change the calligraphy setting it will load the correct term. This is without lightning mode enabled and happened to me about 10 times yesterday over 40+ reviews. I don’t think I’ve seen it before but I also don’t do a ton of reviews on mobile.

I’m not sure if this is the cause but it may happen when pressing enter twice too quickly.

1 Like

This just happened to me on mobile. Lightning mode was off. I answered for 試験管 but it said it was wrong and showed the answer for さっき.

Also, for mobile it tries to do autocomplete which makes it very hard to do reviews. Can you add all the appropriate autocomplete=false and related attributes so this doesn’t happen?

3 Likes

As someone who does a lot of reviews on mobile, I second that!

1 Like

Hey, I just learned that word!!! It is a good word…

Is there any way to exclude words by JLPT level? I’m only level 11 on WK but I’m close to JLPT N3 in terms of Kanji and Vocab learned, so that option would be much more useful for me than the WK level option.

1 Like

I don’t think there is at the moment…though trust me, you can filter out the words you know pretty quickly and the words that you don’t will be plentiful enough. There are always more words to learn. Trashing words is really quick though for ones your do know.

Sources: Have been using floflo since it started-ish and had some outside of wk vocab coming in (probably a few thousand-ish or so at a rough guesstimate…)

2 Likes

@Raionus @seanblue @brrricane
That bug just happened to me as well on mobile.
It seems indeed that the text is not updating.
Also not using lightning mode.

I guess I’ll stick to do my reviews on computer for now.

I second that. It’s just a click. And clicking feels greats. Once you have trashed a word, it won’t appear ever again in a word list.
Source: I’ve also been using floflo since the beginning-ish. Plus I have the N1 and came in knowing 5k+ words not on WK (probably closer to 10k, but it’s hard to estimate).

Also, there’s no official least for a given JLPT level, plus you don’t need to know them all to pass, so it’s almost impossible to guess what you know and what you don’t based on that.

1 Like

I may replace the core6k option with a JLPT option. I’ll just poll it on the website.

2 Likes

How would you even go about getting that data? As far as I know the JLPT changes every year so there will never be a definitive list.

2 Likes

Most websites, including jisho.org, use Jonathan Waller’s website. Not a definitive list by any means, but close enough.

3 Likes

@seanblue I added a bunch of attributes to the input so auto complete and stuff should be gone now.

As for the other mobile problem, still not even the slightest idea. I don’t know if this is a me issue or a vue issue or a phone issue.

Clues I have:

1. Can be produced most often by using undo (ex: get the reading wrong, undo. Get the meaning wrong, undo. Answer both. Next question might trigger the bug. If not, try again. Should happen eventually)
  2. Changing the calligraphy option changes the word to the correct one (there is 0 code in there that has to do with what word is displaying, it just changes the css so that the font is different).
  3. Locking your phone and then unlocking it fixes the word (what?)
  4. You can click the ‘details’ button and it will show the correct word for the question (even though I use the same Vue HTML code, {{ displayFields.word }}, for both items).
    Ex: question says ‘古今東西’ but details says ‘vocab details for 助けてください’

So yeah, I don’t even know. If anyone has any insight on this let me know.

2 Likes