(Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading

I refuse to accept it!

4 Likes

psst I’d like to get some of that too
:stuck_out_tongue:

And with that, floflo now has two user scripts.
Exponential growth :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Overriding Ctrl+A is so weird though. It only takes one more key press after Ctrl+A to delete everything anyway.

I used to do 300 reviews a day. This is literally my favorite SRS feature

Ctrl A is really hard to type tho. You should make it a more convenient button like the enter key. And then we submit the answer with ctrl A.

3 Likes

It seems like you’re joking. I’m going to hope pretend that you’re joking.

Make it configurable? I don’t know. I get that Floflo isn’t a professional endeavor like WaniKani and Kitsun, so even more than usual you can just do whatever you want. But overriding default key bindings is really bad practice. Maybe a poll will help? :man_shrugging:

What do you want Ctrl+A to do during reviews?

• Highlight all text
  • Delete all text
0 voters

On my computer, Ctrl-A moves the cursor to the beginning of the text (without deleting anything). It’s very useful. It also means that I push it when I don’t plan to delete the entire answer.

Also if your computer does a select all when pressing Ctrl-A, whatever you type next deletes the selection anyways, so it should be the same number of keypresses.

I mean don’t bother voting I don’t plan on changing this unless it literally breaks someone’s computer

If you’d like to make a user script or something to stop it though I’ll put it up in the opening post and on the website and stuff though.

1 Like

You’ll probably want to edit it to suit your needs, but put keys you want to block handling of in the matchers array, and add @match entries for whatever websites you want to run it on. Also you can delete the code after the comment about google drive if you aren’t interested in the conversion it mentions

// ==UserScript==
// @name         Stop Keyboard Shortcut Hijacking
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      0.1
// @description  Blocks hijacking of the shortcuts that websites like to hijack
// @author       TellowKrinkle
// @match        https://floflo.moe/testing/
// @match        https://drive.google.com/*
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    'use strict';
    function dispatchKeyboardEvent(options) {
        let event = new KeyboardEvent("keydown", options);
        document.body.dispatchEvent(event);
    }
    let matchers = [
        (e) => { return e.code == "KeyA" &&  e.ctrlKey && !e.shiftKey && !e.metaKey && !e.altKey },
        (e) => { return e.code == "KeyZ" && !e.ctrlKey && !e.shiftKey &&  e.metaKey && !e.altKey && e.isTrusted }
    ];
    document.addEventListener("keydown", function(e) {
        if (matchers.filter(matcher => matcher(e)).length > 0) {
            e.cancelBubble = true;
            e.stopImmediatePropagation();
        }
        // Convert Cmd-Option-Z into Cmd-Z because Google Drive doesn't expose their undo feature through any menu systems
        if (e.code == "KeyZ" && !e.ctrlKey && !e.shiftKey && e.metaKey && e.altKey) {
            e.cancelBubble = true;
            e.stopImmediatePropagation();
            dispatchKeyboardEvent({ code: "KeyZ", metaKey: true, keyCode: 90, key: "z", which: 90 })
        }
    }, true);
})();
3 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1:

What if it breaks my mind? :exploding_head:

3 Likes

I don’t get either side, honestly, like… what do you guys mean, you actually press Ctrl+A like civilized people instead of furiously bashing backspace, angered by your own foolishness?

2 Likes

I’m a software engineer, so I’ve optimized all my typing. I use Ctrl+A, Ctrl+Backspace, Ctrl+Delete, etc. all the time.

1 Like

vi or emacs?

But seriously, I love vi-style cursor movement shortcuts when web designers put them in.
HJKL >> wasd

2 Likes

My vim skills go as far as save/quit and going into insert mode. It’s super powerful, but I don’t have the patience to learn it properly.

2 Likes

@Raionus To get back to requests you might be willing to take, on the all titles page the book links go to the singles / alchemizer lite page. Could you also add a way to get to the book’s page itself? Or perhaps explain why I’d want to use that singles page instead of the book’s page? (Is it mostly to promote Alchemizer?)

Also, I don’t think the search is working correctly. I tried searching for “kemono” (which should return Kemono no Souja) and “shigatsu” (which should return Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso), but neither worked.

EDIT: Also, would it make sense to display something like unique word density? I think you’ve mentioned before that small works can be misleading because while there’s a relatively low number of unique words, it’s many per page. So I think seeing that stat for all the books (especially on the all books page) could be really useful.

1 Like

Nah it’s working perfectly fine. Shigatsu and Kemono no Souja don’t have a page because I stopped making pages after releasing Caucasus. If you wanna find books then use the all titles or the singles page - that’s what they’re for. I built the singles page because I started uploading books too fast to make individual posts for them.

If there’s an individual page for it then it’ll go to it. Try clicking Kino or something and you’ll see it.

Yeah I think it could be useful. I’ll try it out on my staging site and see if it works out well.

2 Likes

@Raionus Here is a .txt file with the text from volume 1 of the Chi’s Sweet Home manga: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yKuy1QonWyzXQb5u6_VAIcask3FNsiV_/view?usp=sharing

Do what you want to with that information.

Thanks, makes sense. It could be useful to add/move the search to be on the all titles page then, so that it could be used alongside the other filters.

Sorry for the delayed response on the かしら thing. I’m on my computer and this is what I see. The meaning of “I wonder” still doesn’t show up. Perhaps it’s not including that version because it has no kanji? I would say it should probably prioritize the version that has no kanji if it’s written in kana in the book.

You can see the same issue with じゃ, so I think there’s a bug with kana words.

EDIT 1: I’m also seeing it for ねえ (showing up as 姉) and かも (showing up as 鴨). If it wasn’t clear, I do have the guess mode set to “all”.
EDIT 2: Also for とか, which is only showing up as 渡河, 都下, and 渡加

Possibly a related problem. I’m seeing the word かの・彼の. I assume this should be あの, and very likely is written in just kana in the book (I haven’t checked to verify).

First read-through of SAO finished!!! By the end, it became really easy and comfortable to read. I can’t even imagine where I will be by the end of my second time through. It might even just feel like reading. Thanks again Raionus!!! :slightly_smiling_face::turtle: Probably would not have kept going anywhere with Japanese if not for floflo.

11 Likes