(Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading

Maybe the old javascript version is still cached or something? I pushed something out to try and force a redownload. Two things:

1. It should be enabled by default
  2. You should be able to tell if it’s working because the “unknown” and “of” benchmark stats should literally change when swapping between them

Anyway it’s working on my end so tell me if you’re still having issues after this update.

You’d be correct. I added tries and catches to anything parsing your cookies. It should just reset them instead of crashing from now on (this applies to bookmarks, links to the alchemizer, and saved alchemizer settings).

I changed Steins Gate so that it shouldn’t cause any errors anymore.

:heart:

4 Likes

Ok, I will go give it a go…and then try to learn about geocaching if that doesn’t work…:taco:

Hm, ok, guess it is time to geocache…

@Raionus, I went on a geocaching quest, but still no success. Not sure why it is failing. Maybe just an issue with SAO in particular…I will test with another book.

2 Likes

Nothing happens when I change it. I’m guessing that isn’t how it’s supposed to work?

Uh so it’s not looking like this for you guys?

1 Like

No, unfortunately not. I tried with another book too. Also no luck there…

Maybe floflo has just decided that I am not among the elect…

It’s working here…

1 Like

Further proof that I have not been chosen by floflo…

1 Like

Are you using the patreon alchemizer options? Maybe there’s like a combination that doesn’t work with the katakana filter?

1 Like

Hm…not intentionally, but let me give it a look…maybe I did some alchemy on accident.

Not as far as I can tell. Let me try to log in from another browser…maybe internet explorer will be good for something for once…

Also no go…

Okay that’s strange. Would you mind answering something? Do you get the loading circle when you change the katakana filter option on/off? As in, is the list reloading properly?

If it’s not reloading then that’s a javascript problem. If it is reloading but nothing is changing then that’s a backend problem

I know you didn’t ask me, but I hope it’s okay if I answer anyway. The loading circle appears for me, but nothing changes.

Edit: Switching browsers did not help either

2 Likes

Yeah, the loading circle shows up when changing from one to the other, but the katakana stay around.

2 Likes

Oh it seems like the filter isn’t working on book-specific pages. Like this but it’s working on the alchemizer and alchemizer-lite.

Does that match the issue your having?

Edit: okay I think we should be good now

3 Likes

Yep, it is up and running!!! Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face::passport_control::derelict_house:

@Naphthalene, Raionus figured it out. Should work for you too now.

2 Likes

Works for me too, indeed :slight_smile:
And I immediately go back to having katakana :stuck_out_tongue: because of the word I screenshot above, for example. But it’s nice to have an idea of how many non katakana words are remaining.

1 Like

I also prefer to keep the katakana words on just so I can trash most of them and feel better about having a higher percentage of known words…

4 Likes

By the way, @Raionus, if you don’t mind me asking, do you plan on adding any more sequels to the site at some point? It feels like alchemizing with the second book while reading the first could save you some time(Of course, I can’t confirm this, since I haven’t tried it, but it seems likely it would), but since the patreon polls just have been first books in various series, it’d be nice to know if you at some point plan on making polls for them or doing something that may result in them ending up on the website.

Yeah probably. I’ve never had anyone ask me specifically to add a sequel yet except for Vanilla. What books are you interested in?

2 Likes

Mostly the second 魔女の宅急便 book for now.(Since I’m about halfway into the first book)

1 Like

eyy, das me. Speaking of which, did you get my email?

Well it depends what you’re doing and what you call “saving time”. Personally what I did was I went from learning every single word, to all f2 words plus overlapping f1 words. So this cut out the one time f1 words which saved me quite a bit of time in terms of finishing the novel. But if you go from already doing f2 to doing f2 + recurring f1, youll have more work obv. If you switch from f3 to overlapping only, I wouldnt be surprised if you had more work too for whatever you were currently reading.

EDIT: 2000th post. @gojarappe is smelly

4 Likes