Flaming durtles not working

Hello!
I’m not super great with technology so I’m not sure if I’m just doing something wrong, but flaming durtles won’t work anymore on my phone and I’m really missing it. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled countless times. It just won’t accept my api token. The screen flashes and that’s it. I can’t even view the help/support menu. I have a Google pixel 7 pro. I had a Google pixel 6 pro with the same issue. I was hoping that changing phones would do it, but I’m having the exact same issue now that I got a new phone. Uggg. Any advice? I reached out to the developer twice and got no response.

1 Like

Are you using the correct api token? So not the default one, but with whatever permission flaming durtles requires?

3 Likes

Since the app is working for me and afaik there arent any updates, i would guess it just got its cache data for your API key corrupted.
Try to generate new one and log in with new one, which will redownload all the data again - this helped me before with Jakeipuu (alternative app for WK on android)
Edit: and make sure the API key has all the neccessary permissions, like Gorbit99 mentioned, it wont work if its read only

3 Likes

Thank you so much for responding! Yes, I tried generating new api tokens and am still having the same problem. I made sure all the permissions were granted.
Here’s a screenshot of the app. It’s stuck on “9 background tasks” and that never changes. It also just flashes at me when I try to enter a token or when I try to navigate to any of the other menus

Hey I have a pixel 7 too and was having the same problem. I went into the app settings, cleared the cache and saved data, then force stopped the app, then reopened and my key worked. Idk why it worked but hopefully that will work for you too

3 Likes

I just switched to a Google Pixel 6 and ran into the same problem. The solution of Ewaisu worked for me as well, just an information if other people are looking for a solution to this too :blush:

1 Like

Chiming in that this just worked for me too on a new pixel 8. Odd.