First Post and Oreos maybe?

Hi there!

My name is Francisco, I’m from Portugal!

I’ve been meaning to introduce myself here for a couple of weeks now. And finally have a good excuse to do so:

• I NEED to know what this says, because I think it’s an ironic text about Oreos lol

It should read:
ホリヨハヤリハヨ
ヨルノニ

Help please? Thank you!

6 Likes

First of all, PORTUGAL CARALHOOOO!!! :portugal::tada:

Second of all, I’ve no idea :joy: I can make up some words from that katakana, but I have this feeling that it’s just random katakana that someone thought it looked cool and printed on a t-shirt? :grimacing: Your katakana is accurate though. Wondering why you wrote the small version of it (e.g. ホリ) instead of writing ホリ though. Using the phone?

Oreos is オレオ in Japanese, so I guess not?

4 Likes

Olá compadre!

But yeah, I wrote it like that simply because I didn’t know there was a different way to write it haha.

I don’t think it’s random though. The guy is very self aware of what he wears and it’s always music or meme related stuff.

1 Like

I have no idea about this oreo thing, but welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Really nice, that you did jump in so early! I think it’s an extremely good idea to spend some time reading and chatting here.

Cheers,
~T :lion:

Hey, thank you for the warm welcome! I figured i’d say hello as a means to give me some extra motivation haha

1 Like

Drats, I came to this post expecting to get Oreos!

Also, hi and welcome. :grin:

11 Likes

Hello and welcome!

I’ve been trying to parse that string of katakana in all sorts of ways, but it doesn’t make sense. Either it’s complete gibberish, or it somehow looks like something else in latin alphabet, but I can’t make sense of it. Maybe some senpai here know more.

2 Likes

If it is not random, then it’s not Japanese. It doesn’t look like Japanese at all, more like katakana used in some other way. For example, there is no long vowels such as ヨー or diacritics such as バ. No digraphs such as リョ and no discernible use of particles (written in hiragana or katakana). In short, it’s gibberish in Japanese but perhaps not gibberish in some other language.

1 Like

Could it be the guy’s name?

Maybe it is gibberish :confused:

I think he’s name is Eliot

oh

oh

…oh

24 Likes

The rabbit hole goes deeper than I expected haha

7 Likes

I think “HORIYOHAYARIHAYO” does mean “HELP” in any language because that’s what you say when you’re drowning.

24 Likes

com-add-text%20(1)

29 Likes

It all makes sense now

12 Likes

wait! did you make this? or did the gif already exist and the shirt is a reference to it?

7 Likes
12 Likes

19 Likes

wait! did you make this? or did the image already exist and the MissMisc is a reference to it?

10 Likes