Feeling down about returning to wanikani

i’ve been back and forth on this app but i haven’t had a good streak since ~level 9. right now i’m back with 478 reviews, but i am burning so many that i feel like i barely know. anyone have advice for returning without losing vocab to the burn?

2 Likes

Read more and continue or reset and learn it all again.

2 Likes

When I started back I had to reset because of this problem. I think overall I have reset maybe 2-3 times since around 2019, never having passed level 6 until the most recent reset. Resetting isn’t always the answer but it could help if you’re forgetting too much of those lower levels. I certainly don’t regret it.

3 Likes

Try burn reviews. If you can’t remember an item, resurrect it. But tbh, if you burned it after taking a break, you’ll be mostly fine.

2 Likes

tbh i reset, i feel like this is the best way for me to get back into it. i reset to level 4 so hopefully i can get back to where i was in a few months

3 Likes

I wish you luck! Just keep at it and you’ll have doubled where you reset from before you know it (I know from experience).

2 Likes

Good call. I don’t think you’ll regret it. Plus 4 to 12 shouldn’t take all that long in the grand scheme of things.

Edit: I reset from 32 to 10 and I am about the get back to where I was about 9/10 months later.

3 Likes

You could always purposely get them wrong, just use a script to undo your correct answer and type in something incorrect.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.