The ability to add notes to items before I learn them will be incredibly useful.
Here are some reasons why I think it would be an important feature:
- It will be easier to practice future items whilst waiting for new lessons to be unlocked
- It will give users the chance to write notes for items they have learned reading/hearing elsewhere.
- Users can write notes for items they haven’t learned, that can be easily confused with other learned items.
- This change will not harm anyone who wants to continue using Wanikani the way it is now.
- Users will have a greater freedom to learn the way that works best for themselves.
P.S. This is a repost of a feature request last posted in 2014. The previous topic didn’t get enough of a response to receive a comment from the developers.