Favorite Japanese music?

2 Likes

My favorite Japanese song is 小さな恋の歌 by mongol800, but I particularly like this cover by Goosehouse.

1 Like

I fell in love with Band Maid. I wasn’t much of a rock person, but these ladies are super talented. Freedom live is what first got me hooked. Then I stumbled across Necry Talkie. Another really awesomely talented bunch of musicians. And I love the goofiness

current favorite songs
Band Maid - Black Hole
Necry Talkie - If You Go North

Any songs from Higedan and King Gnu! They are both boy bands and their music is insane :heart_eyes: One of my goals besides learning enough Japanese to understand their music is to travel to Japan and attend their concerts :blush:

Two of my recent favorites!

I love that song! My favourite is a remix by Omoi, which was covered by あらき:

1 Like

These days I listen a lot of song from Ivy to Fraudulent Games

1 Like

My Top five is:

1. ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION - Soredewa, Mata Ashita ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION - Soredewa, Mata Ashita (Video Clip) - YouTube

2. MATSURI NO ATO - KUWATA KEISUKE 桑田佳祐 – 祭りのあと(Full ver.) - YouTube

3. SMILE〜 - KUWATA KEISUKE 桑田佳祐「SMILE〜晴れ渡る空のように〜」民放公式スペシャルムービー (民放共同企画“一緒にやろう”応援ソング) - YouTube

4. ARIGATOU - SUPER BEAVER SUPER BEAVER「ありがとう」MV(バンドver.) - YouTube

5. YUME WO MITA ATO DE - GARNET CROW GARNET CROW 夢みたあとで - YouTube

1 Like

Snow Man Stories,
Snow Man 君の彼氏になりたい。

I really love snow man right now. I should be over boy bands by now but well :woman_shrugging:

Snow Man Evolution

1 Like

Miyachi, good stuff. Raps both in english and japanese.

MIYACHI - BAD & ブジ (MIGOS REMIX) (OFFICIAL VIDEO)
MIYACHI - MAINICHI 毎日(OFFICIAL VIDEO)

ドライフラワー - 優里【Takeshi Saito Cover】弾き語り

Such a warm voice

I come from a shoegaze background, and one of my initial reasons for studying Japanese way back in the day was to go to Japan to experience their shoegaze scene. Here are some bands in my current rotation…

For Tracy Hyde released a new album earlier this year. If you have a chance, check them out.

Also, Seventeen Years Old and Berlin Wall has great vibes.

There’s also きのこ帝国 (sadly disbanded)

And then there’s Pasteboard. They only ever released one album in 2006 (they were a side-project for Roly Poly Rag Bear), but if you are a shoegazer, they are a must-listen.

2 Likes

It’s been a lot of JRock content for me. The most recent song I’ve been looping is LOVE IS DEAD by D’espairsray

This is such an eclectic album, but works well when writing in Japanese :smiley:

Just came across this album by accident and it’s amazing!

I was a big fan of this song a couple years ago. Thanks to Miraie for introducing this to me.

1 Like

EVEが好きだよ!EVEの廻廻奇譚「かいかいきたん」は曲が大好きだ。let me know if this is correct or not :slight_smile:

I’m a big fan of 60s and 70s music and folk:

But I also like some newer stuff as well:

2 Likes

Oh kind sir, I have so much to offer in terms of fusion jazz. Here’s a decent album: