I fell in love with Band Maid. I wasn’t much of a rock person, but these ladies are super talented. Freedom live is what first got me hooked. Then I stumbled across Necry Talkie. Another really awesomely talented bunch of musicians. And I love the goofiness
current favorite songs
Band Maid - Black Hole
Necry Talkie - If You Go North
Any songs from Higedan and King Gnu! They are both boy bands and their music is insane One of my goals besides learning enough Japanese to understand their music is to travel to Japan and attend their concerts
These days I listen a lot of song from Ivy to Fraudulent Games
My Top five is:
1. ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION - Soredewa, Mata Ashita ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION - Soredewa, Mata Ashita (Video Clip) - YouTube
2. MATSURI NO ATO - KUWATA KEISUKE 桑田佳祐 – 祭りのあと（Full ver.） - YouTube
3. SMILE〜 - KUWATA KEISUKE 桑田佳祐「SMILE〜晴れ渡る空のように〜」民放公式スペシャルムービー （民放共同企画“一緒にやろう”応援ソング） - YouTube
4. ARIGATOU - SUPER BEAVER SUPER BEAVER「ありがとう」MV（バンドver.） - YouTube
5. YUME WO MITA ATO DE - GARNET CROW GARNET CROW 夢みたあとで - YouTube
I really love snow man right now. I should be over boy bands by now but well
Miyachi, good stuff. Raps both in english and japanese.
I come from a shoegaze background, and one of my initial reasons for studying Japanese way back in the day was to go to Japan to experience their shoegaze scene. Here are some bands in my current rotation…
For Tracy Hyde released a new album earlier this year. If you have a chance, check them out.
Also, Seventeen Years Old and Berlin Wall has great vibes.
There’s also きのこ帝国 (sadly disbanded)
And then there’s Pasteboard. They only ever released one album in 2006 (they were a side-project for Roly Poly Rag Bear), but if you are a shoegazer, they are a must-listen.
It’s been a lot of JRock content for me. The most recent song I’ve been looping is LOVE IS DEAD by D’espairsray
This is such an eclectic album, but works well when writing in Japanese
Just came across this album by accident and it’s amazing!
EVEが好きだよ！EVEの廻廻奇譚「かいかいきたん」は曲が大好きだ。let me know if this is correct or not