Failed My Goal

this is relative

what I paid for one year in WK, something that I use every single day, more than 1h each day is the same price of a release game on ps4 here in my country and mostly a game that you can beat in 15-20h tops and then you forget all about it later

WK is worth every penny IMO.

I mean it’s cheaper if you rush

I’ve reset multiple times, usually only around 10 levels or so but most recently from level 60 to level 1. The way I see it, mastering Japanese is a life long goal, and you will always be learning new things and refreshing your memory on old things. I think consistency and not getting overwhelmed are more important than speed. Going too fast, getting burned out, taking a break, then having to reset will likely set you back further than if you had just gone slow and steady the whole way. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Doesn’t really matter if one fail. You learn through failures anyway. Besides, you have learned plenty already, so you didn’t really lose any progress, you just postponed the date when you are done with wanikani. You might have reset your progress on wanikani, but you didn’t do the same with your brain. I would recommend to implement WK into your daily routine somehow. The hardest thing is to get started, but if you’ve so used to doing WK you just do it without thinking about it and it makes everything much easier. Good luck. You’ll get through it eventually, we all will, just at different pace and end dates.

1 Like

I would recommend to implement WK into your daily routine somehow.

Well, that was kind of the point of the reset. Originally it was very much integrated into my routine as my routine was built around it. But after I switched to conversation and grammar focus it fell by the wayside. I figured if I just reset it it would be easier to rebuild the daily habit all over again. It’s hard to build a habit when you’re frustrated getting reviews wrong all the time. Plus, resetting lets me review everything while keeping my main focus on grammar and communication study.

Well, here I am back at level 5! Whoo-hoo!

I totally forgot how slow WaniKani is in the beginning levels, and it’s even worse when you already know everything. Oh well. Cruising along crushing kanji with the occasional typo.

A little bored… part of me regrets this, haha. But I suppose once I’m back at my true level it will be without those pesky leeches and I’ll have a lot more grammar study out of the way. Back up the mountain we go!

3 Likes

Sorry for the late call, but I see you’re already level 35 (30 + 5)! Nice nice!

I mean, now you don’t have to worry about WaniKani for a good couple of levels and can easily redirect that energy towards books or manga, right? :smiley:

I mean, now you don’t have to worry about WaniKani for a good couple of levels and can easily redirect that energy towards books or manga, right? :smiley:

That’s the plan!

2 Likes