Extra Study Mode

I have a question though. I just gave it a try and I really like it because after the test I have X out of Y burned items to review.
Now, if I review them all without failing and so there will be no more burned items left to review, will they reset back so that I can do it again when I feel to?

I would really love a way to filter on only kanji items in the Burns section in the extra study mode. Otherwise, great that you added this, thank you!

3 Likes

I had been wondering about that too.

1 Like

I was just coming to ask more or less the same thing. If it resets automatically… when?
Does it reset when I get to zero?

I think the same as you, it should reset when hitting zero. At least this is what I’m guessing/hoping :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, when you reach the end of the queue (“X of X”) and answer that last item correctly, it restarts the queue back to the beginning, so you can review as many times as you want. (For Recent Lessons and Recent Mistakes, any items that no longer qualify as ‘recent’ will no longer appear in the queue, though).

(Also tagging @EowynCarter and @kokopelli121123 )

5 Likes

Thank you for the confirmation!! :blush::blush:
And it really is a great feature!

2 Likes

Is there a way to do the Wrap Up feature in extra study mode? I’d love to chip away at burned items, but I don’t see a way to not do 1,000+ iteams :sweat_smile:

If I do some reviews but then leave, if I go back, will it pick up where I left off or will it reset from the same beginning?

1 Like

There isn’t a Wrap-Up on Extra Study, but it’s really not necessary. You guessed correctly: If you leave and come back, it will pick up where you left off. So, you can chip away at your burned items at your leisure! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Perfect, thank you! I can see now after I did some that it says “X of [Total] remaining” which also helps clears that up :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seems that after doing extra study for burned items and going back to home, on the summary screen I’m not able to see any items i got wrong during the study; it always shows 100% answered correctly and only shows items which were correct.

1 Like

WaniKani keeps getting better! Thanks for the Extra Study features. They have helped me a lot.

2 Likes

Hi! :blush: Noticed a couple of things in the new extra study feature.
I have a little discrepancy in the number of burned items on the Dashboard and the number in the extra study (it is only one more on the extra study, though). It showed up yesterday for the first time. :thinking:
And when reviewing the burned items, when it is time to type the meaning, the audio with the pronounciation is functioning, so one could cheat a little bit :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was just going to ask about this, but it makes a lot of sense WK keeps track on which items you got right. I really love this feature. ^>^ It’s fun to go back an check over the burnt items. And knowing I’m slowly going through the 7K items, rather than starting over each time, means I can actually refresh my memory of all items. it will take time, but that’s okay. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Noted. Sometimes, this sort of thing is related to items that have been removed from Wanikani after you learned them. I’m not sure if that’s the case here, but I’ll see if we can get someone to compare the database queries to see where the discrepancy is. Thanks for the heads-up!

Also, noted about the audio.

And @Mikaela, I’ve confirmed what you are seeing (or not seeing) on the Summary page. Thanks!

3 Likes

Thank you! :blush:
And yes, what happens to @Mikaela happens to me as well :sweat_smile: Even though, it’s a good dose of self boosting seeing always 100% correct “OMG, I remember them all!!” :laughing:

3 Likes

Hi, I have another question, sorry!!! :bowing_woman:
I noticed that when I fail reviwing a burned item, that leaves in any case the number of items left to be reviewed.
Is this intentional or has it got something to do with the summary page displaying 100% correct even if I messed up with some? :sweat_smile:

If you get a chance at some point, it would be great if the Audio Quiz script opened all details instead of just the meaning ones when pressing F for an item. As it’s an audio quiz I don’t think there’s really any reason to show the meaning but keep the reading one hidden right? :slight_smile:

1 Like

The discrepancy in numbers should be fixed now.

4 Likes

It is! Thank you! :blush:

1 Like