Extensive listening thread 👂 (2024)

Watched two episodes of Saiki K. yesterday, I think my problem with watching/listening was that I was trying too hard and I should just relax.

2 Likes

A bit of an oddly sparse update, but here’s a couple things I listened to recently (along with a lot of wrestling)

I didn’t make an entry for it in my backlog, but I finally listened to the audio commentary for Matango! It was kinda neat! I feel like I got about as much out of it as an English audio commentary - which is to say, not that much, beyond a general mild sense of what the production was like. It’s a pity that unlike English commentaries I felt the need to carve out specific time for it instead of listening to it while working (which is the only real reason I get around to listening to any audio commentaries at all). The one bit of trivia I retained is that the mushrooms the characters are shown eating were crafted out of a type of mochi and it sounds like they were quite tasty. There’s a couple brief scenes of mushrooms growing also that it sounds like were a chemical special effect that was quite fun to put together.
In the end I went with watching it during breakfast on a weekend, and I wouldn’t mind pursuing that same timeslot for other commentaries in Japanese in the future.

野良猫ロック ワイルド・ジャンボ
鳥人戦隊ジェットマン

1 Like

I’ve only got accumulated notes for a couple of movies at the moment, but since I posted the notes for the manga version of Shark Skin Man and Peach Hip Girl in the extensive reading thread, I suppose I should put the notes for the movie version down at the same time.

I watched recently:
スウィートホーム
鮫肌男と桃尻女

And incidentally, speaking of the long long overdue for a DVD or blu ray release horror movie Sweet Home – well, it’s a good time to look into it if you’re curious.

1 Like