Extensive listening thread šŸ‘‚ (2024)

Happy new year, all! I was lurking a little bit in the last thread, and listeningā€™s been on my to-do list for what feels like forever, so Iā€™m going to try to make an effort to post here this year!

I probably (?) wonā€™t be formally tracking anything, but I do have a few goals Iā€™m aiming for this year:

• Listen through Teppeiā€™s archive of the first 700 intermediate podcast episodes he did. This one is the one Iā€™m hoping to make a habit; something to dig into my brain until I can eventually drop it/finish it and still have my brain ping me with, ā€œshouldnā€™t you go seek out some Japanese?ā€
  • Listening to the Flesh&Blood drama CDs with @ekg and friends! Iā€™m a big fan of the book series, so Iā€™m extremely excited to try the drama CDs out. My big goal with those is to get to the point where I can listen to and understand the free talk CDs ekg mentioned above, as well as the CDs with 外伝 story content. :eyes:

Iā€™m hoping to intersperse my listening with more variety as the year rolls onward, but these are my two definite activities I want to focus on, if nothing else.

And so in that vein, Iā€™m happy to report I started with Teppei yesterday and listened to episodes 1 & 2! My thoughts are to listen to two episodes per day; enough to build a habit, but not something thatā€™s going to necessarily eat up all my time. Iā€™m not incredibly sure how I want to handle sections/episodes that completely go over my head: try to transcribe them? Listen again several more times? Do nothing and go with the flow? All three options have their place and time; might just be a matter of where Iā€™m at and what Iā€™m doing at the time.

5 Likes