"Every Month" kanji description error

Still it’s easier to figure out which version appears less often, and then remember which words use it, that to learn every single word one by one without any order to it.

Then as I said, じつ does if you are comparing the two onyomi.

But many words don’t follow an order. This is exactly why you are running into this confusion. You’re trying to impose an order that doesn’t necessarily exist.

4 Likes

That little tidbit of wisdom would be oh so useful if it was included in the explanation/reading section of these vocabulary. I never thought of it and have struggled to remember which one to use where as well.

You can ask what may seem a simple question, but doing your own research will probably yield better/more thorough results. Check out the rest of tofugu while you’re there, lots of interesting stuff.

Well, one might argue it exists if you find one :slight_smile: Doesn’t have to be an intended rule, just a pattern that makes sense for the person using it.

Yeah, but then you have to ask, how much grammar do you include on a single Kanji’s description page. Ideally you should learn it from other places. Like, I’m complementing what I learn here with a prober grammar schoolbook. It’s just that you can’t really progress much in learning Japanese without the Kanji :slight_smile:

Rendaku won’t be taught as grammar. Actually few resources will bother trying to give rules at all, since it’s just a pronunciation phenomenon and you can technically just absorb a feel for it by learning many words.

4 Likes

ooh level 3! When did you restart?

I still have leeches with げつ and がつ.

The actual month ones are easy, they are always がつ.

But whenever 何月 pops up I always end up second guessing myself. Just got it wrong today, again.

There’s at least another vocabulary with 月 that messes me up, but I can’t remember which one it is from the top of my head.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.