Essential Scripts / Addons for New Users

There’s Katakana Madness which makes ON readings katakana and OnKun Question which specifies which it’s asking for. None which adds color, as far as I know

3 Likes

There is no such thing as essential scripts. I’ve never used any scripts and I’m still fine.

3 Likes

Oh boy are you missing out

7 Likes

@Kumirei is going to write the script “Ignore all scripts” soon

4 Likes

I don’t get it though. What is so good about scripts?

Lots of great extra features

1 Like

What’s script, but a second-hand emotion

2 Likes

Custimization that suit your individual needs.

2 Likes

As @kumirei says, it can greatly increase what you get out of your WK study time.

Extra focus on visually similar kanji to help stave off leech build-up. Having a good gander at a kanji’s on’yomi before you’re ever taught the reading because you know certain phonetic compounds, making a good number of kanji much easier to remember. Visual representation of pitch accent so that you can start getting down those nuances of proper speech. Or simply knowing how many reviews you’ll be getting and when.

Scripts were an absolutely brilliant addition for me and greatly increased my experience. ^^

5 Likes

@Omun y ur profile private >:|

3 Likes

:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

EDIT: I wouldn’t even know how Omun did this?

3 Likes

Couldn’t live without Dashboard Level Progress Detail and Ultimate Timeline.

Scripts prevent yak attacks.

4 Likes

You don’t need scripts if WK is already exactly like you want, but if you think that WK is just not useful enough, but could be, then you can add some functionality.

6 Likes

giphy

6 Likes

How is that still working for you? It broke for me… tomboy is no longer hosting the list of visually similar kanji…

Probably they are talking about my reimplementation/improvement

3 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. I thought I had changed that already. :thinking:

2 Likes

!!! *GASP*

I did not know that was a thing!

I will check it out. Does it put them BACK at the TOP of the item pages, like Tomboy’s did? Or maybe even include them in the info tab during lessons/reviews when you click the eye after getting something wrong? (That would be suuuper helpful because then you wouldn’t even need to load the item pages.) OH, I AM SO EXCITED!

It replaces the Similar Kanji section WK already puts on some pages, and also shows up during reviews and lesson, but more to the end of pages. I once thought about making the position flexible, but I don’t remember if I actually did it.