Error in Wanikani Kanji: ten?

It seems like there is something wrong (at least for me). When I type じゆう (english letters jiyuu) for “ten”, it marks me as wrong.

Anyone I should contact?

19 Likes

10 Likes

Yes, there is. You typed じゆう when the correct answer is じゅう. Or in romaji, you’re supposed to type jyuu into the text box not jiyuu.

5 Likes

Or you could type juu

5 Likes

I personally use juu because it’s faster. :slight_smile:

@arvindr9 During lessons and reviews, there is also a button on-screen that lets you check how to properly write all the kana.

4 Likes

is skipping one letter faster though? lol

I have over 100.000 reviews in my WK tenure alone. So it’s thousands of inputs faster, yes.

17 Likes

I also type Juu. Romaji holds no real meaning at all so might as well go with the phonetics, makes more sense to me, and it’s faster.

2 Likes

For as many of these threads as we get, I sometimes wonder if anyone has just said “Wow, this site sucks if it can’t even detect my right answer on a first level kanji” and just left for good without asking anyone.

15 Likes

Hopefully most realize their mistake and come back. Although I suspect many don’t really put it together. How many go on to learn kana, but don’t realize their past mistake, and cling to the WaniKani is busted memory? Probably a small percentage too that take WaniKani being ‘busted’ as their excuse to give up entirely.

1 Like

The fact it comes up so often does make me question why WK doesn’t detect the mistake on the first couple of levels, then put up a quick explanation of the mistake. Would stop these threads but more importantly, might stop potential subscribers getting frustrated and leaving early.

11 Likes

Makes me actually think Level 0 would be useful. Even JenK thought so:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.