English to Japanese "Zen" study

koichi said... I'd vote for Enlightened items only, or an option to choose.
 Opt-in after enlightenment would be a good way of doing it, I expect. And it would ameliorate the issues I've suggested may occur.

Slightly off-topic but does the same issue affect the Wanikanify plugin if you have it set to show apprentice/guru/master items?

So what’s the word on this? Do you have an idea of when it might be ready?
Edit: A response would be useful. :cry:

I would be interested in using this, actually. There’s a reverse vocab deck floating around but while I keep meaning to use it…I can’t find it in myself to want to open Anki up again. :I

koichi said... I'd vote for Enlightened items only, or an option to choose.
 Yeah, I definitely agree with that... 
It'd be annoying trying to deal with items that you don't know well enough, I think and it might overload your brain a bit.
I would be interested in using this, actually. There's a reverse vocab deck floating around but while I keep meaning to use it...I can't find it in myself to want to open Anki up again. :I
I agree. I used to love Anki, but I just got overwhelmed.

I always felt that Anki was too passive, unlike Wanikani where you type stuff in. I know the Tae Kim deck has you type stuff in, but then I’m too lazy to type in EVERYTHING that’s on the card, so instead I make my own clozed deletes on Memrise (and Anki, ironically). 

Yeah. I believe Koichi said that with Anki you can just cheat your way through, and say “oh yeah, I  totally got that right!”, which I’m guilty of.

hmmmm… yeah this is tight! Does anyone else have problems with recalling vocabulary from memory? I have been building my reading skills with the Kani here, but it seems when I try to pull out a word in my head from the vocab that I have picked up from WK, I have to think super deeply about the Kanji first. 

Yeah.  I’ve discovered that I rely a lot on visual cues from the kanji to remember the meaning and pronunciation of a lot of the vocabulary.  I suck at pulling the vocab out of memory cold.  This one of the reasons that I’d be jazzed about a reverse review app.  The Anki deck is a nice place to start, but as others have said it’s still Anki and all the baggage that goes with it.

Hello folks,

I’m sorry I was on holiday recently. I’m going to take in all the feedback and get a release out this week!

Stay tuned!

chedkid

Thanks!

chedkid said... Hello folks,

I'm sorry I was on holiday recently. I'm going to take in all the feedback and get a release out this week!

Stay tuned!

chedkid
 Can't wait to see it! Good luck and thank you ^^

Hey, any word on this? It’s been a bit since you posted anything on this.

I’m quite keen to try this out as well.

http://pbskids.org/rogers/songLyricsLetsThinkOfSomethingToDo.html

OP will surely deliver!

I’m actually wondering if OP’s okay. And I’m wondering if there’s anyone else working on a similar app.