*ekg's leech battle blog - a study log of sorts

So, since the last update, I’ve mostly been doing the FLESH & BLOOD, book club as my main study focus. But, I’m still keeping up with Hunter x Hunter and Space Dandy.

I think, it’s been a great ride so far and especially with F & B, it’s been as much of a history lesson about 16th Century Europe as a lesson in Japanese and learning new kanji! :joy:

Random thing, since I still have access to the Reality levels sub-forum, I got curious and revisited my own study-group thread for 2021 (if you can’t open this link, it means you’re not at WK level 50+). And I found my old poll from back then, but now with many more answers!

I think this might interest people who are nearing the fast-levels or are thinking about study pacing. :eyes:

Clearly, no one stayed at a fixed study pace during Paradise. Everyone sped up to some extent. In any case, that increased pace is then either kept up or being slowed down a bit to accommodate the increasing numbers of reviews you get from speed-running WK. :eyes:

Few people aim for the max speed approach, which I think is sensible. It’ll give you mountain of reviews to go through, and even going a pretty fast speed as I did, still landed me between 250-400 reviews at the peak of insanity.

Compare that to now, I just have between 4-40-ish reviews to deal with daily. it’s no biggies to miss a couple of days reviewing, but that’s defo hurting me getting over my leeches. I’m going to try to stay more focused moving forward, even if I just get 5 reviews in a day - I really need to get them done! :triumph:

3 Likes