Durtle badges?

Hello!

I was scrolling through the list of badges, and got to the durtle section. The explanation of how to get these was really vague, but I saw a few users who for example had the words “Tomato Durtle” behind their name". Here is an image:

I think they are kind of vague achievements, but for example, didn’t I survive this one already?

All in all, can anyone explain to me what these are?

4 Likes

The first rule of durtles is you don’t talk about durtles. <_<

But seriously, you can get them for random and various things, including posting in WK Wed threads.

4 Likes

:sob: Unfortunate

1 Like

They just turned up one day and apparently are made from the charred shells of wanikani turtles. Bestowed from on high, some durtles are merit based and may be given out in response to behaviour that makes the forums a more welcoming, helpful space; while some are event based or perhaps even awarded at random.

I think everyone who got the tomato durtle actually grew tomatoes in real life last summer.

Mine were shark infested

7 Likes

Those are pretty neat tomatoes

2 Likes

Don’t worry about it, I’ve been here since over 2 years and still don’t have a badge :joy:
But that’s because I probably don’t say much anyways…

yes I am bitter

15 Likes

If you are interested in the history of Durtles you might want to check out these two threads:

https://community.wanikani.com/t/encyclopedia-of-murderous-cleaning-robots-and-wacky-badgestitles/27956

https://community.wanikani.com/t/whoops-i-think-i-just-durtled-all-over-your-table/28857

You won’t understand any better for reading them, but at least you’ll know pretty much just as much as the rest of us ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

why it no make nice embedded links >.<

10 Likes

ツンデレだねええええ。

2 Likes

I’m just a teenage durtle badge like you, ooo-oo-oo-ooooh!

6 Likes

うちはをなめるな!

1 Like

If you’re interested in some durtle lore :durtle_the_explorer:

5 Likes

Ah yes it is all clear now!

3 Likes

Durtle-kind even have their own song, I hear. (Sung to the tune of the Astroboy theme song) …

潮泳いで、ラララ
海の深さ
行くぞ! デュルトル
水中の友達

1 Like

Ooh, very catchy!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.