Downloading subs2srs on Mac

OKAY… this is like the first time ever I’ve posted on a forum. Anyway, I’m a total newbie when it comes to computer stuff, and I’ve spent like 3 days trying to figure out how to download subs2srs on my Mac. I download the file and it keeps trying to make me create a port??? like what even is that? I know you can port video games or something?? Okay then I finally read the instructions and it says to have framework 3.5 or something, but apparently that’s a Microsoft thing… so I follow a link to one that I compatible with Mac… its called mono or something. so now Im just at a total loss. ive tried googling it and it seems like im the only person ever to not know what the heck im doing.

please help! I just want to benkyousuru the nihongos

1 Like

I did a quick Google search and it sounds like it’s a Windows program. To run it on Mac OS you’re going to have to use something like Wine.

5 Likes

thank you very much! im going to try it right now!

1 Like

Just a heads up, I’ve never used Mac OS and it’s been a very long time since I’ve run Linux so I haven’t had to deal with Wine in many years. So I won’t be able to give you any advice on getting it working. In theory though, once you have Wine in place you should be able to run many Windows programs as if they’re native apps.

1 Like

cries hugs you
Thank you so much it worked! It directed me to also install XQuartz and then it worked! Seriously thank you so much!

4 Likes

I’m glad it worked.
chiya_emoji

4 Likes

I believe substudy has a native Mac version.

2 Likes

I run subs2srs on mac using virtualbox and the free windows machines that microsoft offers. But these days I switched to Voracious entirely because it is a mac app and I can just create cards while watching something which is nice too.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.