Pages 69 - 76

Story 2: うなぎ病院 実験

Start Date: 8th March
Last Week: Case part 2
Next Week: Solution

Doggy Detectives 2

わんわん探偵団 Home Thread

Vocabulary List

Please read the editing guidelines in the first sheet before adding any words!

Discussion Guidelines

• Please blur / hide any major events in the current week’s pages (however early they occur), like so: [spoiler]texthere[/spoiler]

• When asking for help, please mention the page number, and check before posting that your question hasn’t already been asked

• Join the conversation - it’s fun!

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll:

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading but haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m dropping this book

0 voters

If you’ve read it before but will join in the discussion (or have read ahead), please select “I’m reading along”!

2 Likes

This case doesn’t seem to be much of a whodunnit, but a howhedunnit!

I figure of all the people on pages 74-5 the culprit is this guy:

1 Like

I think you’re right on the money @Rowena!

One thing I was a bit puzzled by was page 70:

こうなると、病院の人にちゃんとあいさつしないとまずい。

So basically more and more patients have been congregating outside to pet the dogs, then Spitz says it would be bad if he didn’t properly greet the hospital people, and then he leaves the dogs with Hanae and goes inside. I fail to see the logic in this sequence of events…? Does he mean that it’s the hospital staff he should apologise to for causing the excitement…? He ends up going inside to look for the unagi robber though, it seems.

1 Like

I agree that what he says does not jive with what he does

1 Like

Agreed. Since I am joining in just now, I wasn’t clear on if it was just this one or if all of the cases are laid out this way. He happens to smell the unagi but the only clue gathering seems to be the closet scene.

1 Like

The way I interpreted it was he went inside to introduce himself to the staff, but “なかにはだれもいない”, so he couldn’t. Then “うなぎのにおいがする”, so he decided to look for the culprit.

4 Likes

Ah, that makes perfect sense, cheers for that!

2 Likes