Does anyone use StickyStudy?

Hello. I installed (paid for) the StickyStudy app in my iPhone a long time ago but I found it too complicated (confusing) to use and forgot about it.

Now I have rediscovered it and I am going to use it as a complement to Wanikani - the fact that you can create new decks with the kanji you want makes it possible to group kanji in different decks according to the Wanikani levels.

An advantage is that for each kanji a list of  similar kanjis (and their pronunciations and meanings) are shown at the end of the page side by side with the one you are studying so you can learn to differentiate them (for instance, the kanji for arrow 矢 and for fault 失). And you can access all the kanji in the examples straight away, look up the dictionary definition, etc. indefinitely.

Does anyone here use it too? What is your experience? Any advise?

I use it. I think it’s a useful intermediary when I’m waiting for WaniKani time while I’m on the bus or something. 

prawn said... I use it. I think it's a useful intermediary when I'm waiting for WaniKani time while I'm on the bus or something. 
 Thank you.

I am starting to love it.

I’m a little early, because wanikani is going to be the heart of my Japanese learning for 2023 so I just subscribed for a year but, after a few days of wanikani, I also found StickyStudy lurking on my phone from a previous year when I also had the good intentions of learning Japanese. It looks like a great compliment to wanikani.

I made StickyStudy decks of wani kani level kanji sets. The main use for me will be writing practice. StickyStudy has a lovely kanji writing practice screen, with stroke order animations, kanji shadow options, etc, which can be turned on and off as you practice writing the kanji over and over. I’ll use this in addition to a graph paper text book to practice kanji writing.

What the. Woah. How is this thread still alive?
Bruh. Did you just necro an 8-year-old thread? How??

1 Like

Maybe! But after going through about 10 iOS apps, StickyStudy might just be the one that compliments wanikani for me to add wrting practice, stroke order, etc. All performed in chunks that correspond precisely with wanikani levels. Most kanji writing apps I checked, …just don’t have the features.